FRA

kick4pat

BGA and Brentwood weren't post season.. they was PRE-season. And JumpAround... why are you so adament on trying to believe and make others believe that FRA isn't good?

Plus Notre Dame wasn't their best game. There were some mistakes made and I'm sure on any given day.. given they play them again sometime, I'm sure FRA would beat them. Hey, you can't expect never to run into any bad luck. It's part of the game. In soccer sometimes the best team doesn't always win.

But as far as scheduling goes... how do they have an easy schedule? They've played and beat everyone in their district. As far as that goes, you can't pick your district because if you could I know Coach McDonald would gladly put FRA in a harder district.

Edited by SOCCER4ME07

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All that I am saying about FRA is that they play a weak schedule outside of their district. Besides playing in our tournament where they played three good teams, the only other good team that they have played is MBA. Take out Catholic, CCS, and Notre Dame from FRA's record, and the teams that they have played are a combined 51-72-26. That's pretty weak.

CCS has played teams who are a combined 121-76-19. Our district is relatively weak as is FRA's, but our non-district schedule has had Randolph Academy, Notre Dame, Dalton, CAK, Lenior City, Baylor, and Mccallie. All that I have said about CCS can be said for CAK and Lenior City as well. Lenior City isn't 8-6-4 because they stink. They have a bad record because they are playing the best teams from all over the state. FRA is 13-1 because they have stayed in their area beating up on teams like Pope John Paul II. That's all I'm saying about this, so don't please don't try to interpret what I'm saying about FRA as claiming that they aren't a good team.

Well actually, that is our record against TN teams, but Randolph is 14-2-2 which is counted on our schedule, and Dalton is 17-1-1 which also isn't counted on our schedule. So yes, my numbers do add up. Add all of the wins I took out of FRA's record and it is still under %500.

aingus, I appreciate the vote of confidence on us being in the finals. I personally think that the state bracket is messed up, because 3 of the top 4 teams will be on one side, while only one on the other. I'll be the first to say that it helped us at state, since LC, CCS, Ridgeway, and FRA had to beat each other up to get to us. I hope to play FRA, but any of those teams is a great match up.

We checked it out already, and if CAK wins the region, as well as CCS and FRA winning their region... the exact same thing will happen this year. Good for us, but I agree, kind of unfair for the rest. But there are no definites yet. We have to win Region semis to even get to finals.