Farragut vs Maryville

tnfan18

both teams were awesome on the mound and not so great at the plate. hickman pitched a great game allowing only 4 hits i think, but maryville just couldnt get the bats going and i think some players missed the squeeze sign near the end. tough loss for maryville, second game in two days that has been a close loss in estra innings.

I agree the hitting was terrible in that game...nobody could really make great contact. Although Becca Giles ripped one at my feet in the first inning that made me feel a little shaky about how we'd do... But all in all there were alot of ground-outs right to people, but a few amazing plays by both second basemen for Farragut and Maryville.

That was a great game. I can't wait for tournament time!

:PAnother close loss by the no hitting Rebels. As usual Coach Hawkins can't get anyone past third. Continues to stick with the same hitters who can't seem to hit. Go ahead Coach and have the courage to make a change. What can it hurt at this point?

I always read complaints that the girls can't hit and the coach should sit them. I believe that more frequently the pitchers are hitting their locations. More credit should be given to the pitchers and defense. Now, if a player is striking out consistently with no contact that is another matter. I am sure that all the coaches want to win and are playing the girls they feel can get the job done.