giles vs lc

def1

lol you have got to be kidding she couldnt hear me from there(didnt say it anyway)for all she knows i said stink or pass me some fries come on well im just glad your not refing our tournaments they know what there doin im not holdin a grude either i just think if you dont know the rules of soccer you dont need to be a ref.and nice capes on see me again because when you ref i will play so hard your wrong calls wont matter. ;) look for my name on the bilboard above your house some day!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you think is fine. You know, the state would not allow a BAD ref to call the district final match. And let's see, OH yeah, that would be ME. See you Thursday in Marshall Co. And you just go ahead and play as hard as you want. I encourage aggressive play as it usually intimidates your opponent. But if and when you cross the line, I will be there. :D Remember, this game is only for home field advantage for the region tournament game, so don't do anything you will regret and not get to play in the next game. And you know what, I probably be at that game as well.

So you're center ref for tomorrow night's game, Mitch? If so I would just hope you call consistently all night. Not everyone is going to get every call right, but I just hope we have a nice good hard-nosed but yet clean soccer game. It's going to be a great game to watch, and unless we garner a big lead, I will be watching most of the game from the sidelines. Good luck to both teams and let them play, Mitch w/o letting things get out of hand.

For some reason, Giles Co has gotten a bad reputation for playing too rough. I have called many, many games including all the way up to the state championship game last year and I fail to see their players being any more aggressive than most other teams. What we have to do as referees is set the tone early in the game on what will not be tolerated including unsporting behavior and dissenting remarks. This is usually what gets the teams in this district in trouble. If the captains on both sides can actually maintain control and attitudes of their teammates, then this game will be a piece of cake to officiate. I always tell the teams before a game to play hard, play safe, play to the whistle, and good luck. Like I said earlier, this game only determines home field advantage, so don't let tempers get the best of you. And I will be the first to admit, referees can make mistakes and do so every game. But not as many as the fans would lead you to believe. I wish I had a dollar for every fan who yelled "handball" this year. I would bet that 90% of the fans (and some players) do not understand what really constitutes a "handball" which is really termed "handling". Let alone the rest of the rules of soccer. As most of you may know, you must pass a CLOSED BOOK exam before officiating tournament games, so we actually KNOW the rules. It is applying these rules and making judgement being the trick. I truly wish both teams the best of luck.

i think he did alright in tonights game vs cascade but he still calls fouls against use for things they do far worse. are stop got cracked in the nose and takin out of the game and there was no call i dont know if he saw it or not but come on. they were slammin into us the whole game we have atleast 3 injuries from the game.and i have a question is it a foul if somone puts a shoulder on you full speed from a sprint and doesnt even try to kick the ball cause they were doing that alot to everyone? im just wonderin

Hey Def1 or anyone that knows -

What 2 teams are coming out of your district 7 to go to the regions against Fairview and Columbia Academy in district 8? 8 looks strong but I don't hear much from District 7. Does either of the District 7 teams have a chance to advance beyond region? :)

Fairview travels to Cascade while Giles County travels to Columbia Academy.

Cascade is a decent team, they have some pretty good players, but overall, Giles County has much better depth. Starting stopper for Giles County, a freshman, went down with a broken nose and did not return. Captain went down with a severely sprained ankle, and defender went down with a torn rotator cuff.

Not to try and sugarcoat the loss. Giles County outshot Cascade probably 4 or 5 to 1. Cascade made the most of their shots, one of which clearly should have been stopped by the keeper but oh well.

I know CA beat GCHS last year, and I know CA hasn't lost but one game this year, but you would be hard pressed to find a better matchup in the region than Giles County and CA.

It will be a good game, but I just hope Giles County comes out and plays like they are capable of.