LF) Jones - RHS

CF) Lenard - RHS

RF) Hunter - RHS

C) Watson - RHS

SP) Underland, Choate - RHS

RP) Alexander - RHS

Coach of the Year - Buddy Powers - RHS

but that is just one man's opinion :rolleyes:

Gosh-it's hard to get a Riverdale guy to tip his hat to anyone-a pretty good job-come on- they were 14 and 25 last year-the whipping boy of the district-they had 4 coaches in 4 years- the team/booster club and administration was in confusion and disarray- and he in one year has turn the entire program around- he has done a fantastic job!!!!!!

see - I laid the groundwork for ya ;)

Our district as a whole has some great coaches, facilities, parents, booster clubs and more importantly, good kids....

A lot of teams (from across the state) can attest to the fact that it is "Hard to win on the road in 7-AAA"...

and yes, Coach Chaffin has done a great job in his first year back...

should be a fun weekend of baseball coming up :)

Guest Oakland

no white co is and has always been the whipping boy of the district. but i have to agree hands down chaffin from cookeville is coach of the year and you could make a case for alcorn as player of the year, he will have to continue to pitch well for cookeville to have a chance

Oakland2001....glad to see you are back from mourning.

You know, it's not a picnic in the park to win 4 straight District 7AAA titles. I do think Buddy Powers deserves recognition for a team that only has three seniors and none of the three were starting pitchers. Pretty hard to come close to the team that was fielded the year before, but he has done a great job. :D;):)

Guest Oakland

i was disappointed that oakland got swept, but it was by a good team nonetheless. i think oakland v. cookeville maybe a different story, we will see. agreed that doin what riverdale has done is not easy, it will be interesting to see how they can do when they wont have 3 year starters clint alexander or alex watson anymore

everybody says chaffin is the coach of the year but nobody relizes how big of a turn around coach reavis made at siegel this year. nobody expected that team to win 5 games and i think they ended up with what 13 or 14 wins? and 5 district wins? thats not bad at all for a bunch of underclassman in a very tough district

Guest Oakland

yeh but reavis had some pretty good talents comin in. cookeville finished next to last with a record of 14-25 and fight the big money in cookeville is a task in itself