Richland's Coach

sharpie4014

Hello, my name is John Old. I just wanted to let everybody know that Sara Old is my daughter, I am very proud of Sara for many reasons. One of those being her ability to play softball. Sara is a very special girl; she loves softball, she loves competition of any kind; however, her performance or the award that she receives does not in any way affect the way that I feel about her, her coaches or anybody else for that matter. I listen to them announce the All District team quietly. When her name was not mentioned I said nothing. I thought of ways to coach my child as I have always done, to being a better person and excepting it graciously. This is something that I have done from day one, and I will continue to do throughout her life in softball, in school, and whatever else she decides to do with her life. Just so you'll know, the person that made the comment about Sara Old was not even a member of her family. Ask anybody that was around my child and myself when I began to coach her on how to except the decision made by people that she has no control over, and they will tell you that I told my child not to worry about making All District, making all tournament, or receiving any other kind of award because it is not that important. I plainly told her that the most important thing that she could do was to make a positive contribution to her team and that she had bigger and better things to worry about. I have at some point and time coached most all of the girls on the Richland team, I love and respect all of them. I feel like that it would be unfair and unjust to make undo critisizims to anyone on the team. I wish all of them the best of luck and whatever they decide to do, and I hope they have a successful career as long as they decide to play. If you don't think I care about them, ask them. As far as Mrs. Cheatham is concerned, I would wish her the best of luck, but as with any good coach, they find ways to win. I think she does an excellent job with her team. For anybody to have hard feelings toward her for getting the most out of her players simply tells me that a lot of people don't know softball as well as they think they do. If what I have said has offended anybody, I am truly sorry, but the BOTTOM LINE IS, you do the best you can with what you've got. Some of us do, SOME OF US DON'T! If you don't like that, maybe it's time to search within yourself. Thank you for your patience.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Sara to be one of the best players in 11a and her class on the field must come from her Dad. I'm very happy to know it wasn't you yelling out like that. I just didn't think the girls needed anything taking away from their moment. Let both teams do their jobs on Monday and we can all get together again next Wen. I truly would love going to state with two 11a PUBLIC schools. We almost did it last year!

Get-em Girls!

It just sounds like sore losing to me. If she was out the ump would have called her out and let's see he called her safe so therefore the run scores Forrest wins and Richland loses. Oh well, get over it. And i don't like to put down anyone but i've never seen so much whining somebody should change Richland's diaper they are getting a little cranky.

leah beasely was the one who said that about Richland and I DON'T appreciate it!i may sound "whiney!" But i'm just sticking up for my team,bc they are all my FRIENDS *&* i love them all dearly!Richland and Forrest will play good in the region,and we will both go somewhat far!can't wait to see the outcome!and as for you Bassmaster,NO someone doesnt need to change our diaper(??)!!!! ;)

I know it was a really hard loss, It was such a good close game. But the way you have to look at a call like that is you get some you lose some. If the call would have went the other way...was it the call or was it what led up to the call that costs you the loss. Rockets did not get a hit to put the runner on...Rocket batters did not advance the runner she went from base to base on pass balls. With a runner on third one out did we get a hit or deep fly to score on? Nope, So we had to take our chances on a pass ball. So if she was out was it the call or the team for not getting her across the plate standing up? Same for Richland should the coach have went with Edwards when Johnson started getting a little wild after all those innings? She was still sitting batters down Just was missing with some pitches. Was it the catchers fault? I was behind the backstop and saw the catcher setting up and Johnson was making it very hard for her to keep stopping that many pitches in the dirt. The backstop is close so a pass ball while giving the runners a base is very hard to score on. So he stayed with the girl that brought him to the dance. All of those mistakes by both teams led to a very close play. Just something to think about the next time you hinge a game on one call by an Umpire.

Get-em 11A Girls

jmoses you have made another great post. i will have to agree that the call at home plate didn't set the lose for the Raiders. the fact that players were making bad throws and pass balls doesn't help a team at all ( trust me I should know). that ONE call did not give the rockets the championship the raiders gave it to them. who cares what the ump called, if players should have been worrying about what they had to do than that wouldn't have happened. also both teams helped each other out because neither one of the teams was swinging at the best pitches i have ever seen. so good luck to both teams and win the regionals for us (either one of 11a would do).

hi this is sara old alot of people know me as oldwoman and the shortstop 4 richland! i never get on coach t b/c most of the time its critisizm but i decided to get on here 1 day and this is wut i see. i jus wanted to tell everyone thank you if u had sumthing good to say and if u had sumthing bad thank you also b/c maybe i can learn from what u said.when it comes to all-distric u call out the outstanding players of the year and at first i thought well i did pretty good but then agian i might have not done a little bit of something right!yes i would've loved to make the all-district team but thats not the case b/c i didn't. and somepeople 4 some reason are more upset about it then i am b/c all-district doesn't mean that much to me don't get me wrong i would've loved to be on that team with the rest of those great players but 4 some reason it does'nt bother me that much! but i don't want to take everyones time up trien to read what i have to say but i just wanted to say thanks 4 all the things good and bad written about me. and good luck to Chapel Hill monday hope yall come out with a success and hope to see yall on wed. like jmosses said maybe we can have 2 11a PUBLIC schools in state this year. B)B):D