A/AA AAA or DII

nickforte4261

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you took the top five teams in each and played each other, it would be close.

The big difference is once you get below the top five. A/AA drops off big time. CAK, CCS, FRA have shown they can play with the top teams- AAA and DII. (for the most part)

if you want to look at it like that, FRA tied brentwood who beat the crap out of Ba, sooo A/AA is just as good as AAA, and definatly better than DivII.

Now to look at it in a real setting, AAA has a bulk of good teams, DivII has a good amount of good teams, and A/AA has some good teams. so top to bottom would be AAA, divII, A/AA. But it really doesn't matter, cuz any top 5 team could beat any top five team in the other division on any given night. CAK-farragaut = key example. 1-0 game. another would be FRA brentwood, 0-0 game. ummm i dont think i have any other examples.

Edited by EZMUNYMAN

It really depends on the school, not necessarily the division... I would tend to agree that there are fewer really good A/AA than in DII, but it is a little hard to compare since most DII schools are further away from us, so we either don't play them, or we don't get to see enough of them. I would LOVE to schedule CBHS and BGA, but it is hard when you also want to play Farragut and Webb. You only have so many games. AAA probably has the most numbers of talented teams, but I like what EZMUNYMAN says. I think the top 5 from each division are very good.

if you want to look at it like that, FRA tied brentwood who beat the crap out of Ba, sooo A/AA is just as good as AAA, and definatly better than DivII.

Both games with BHS, FRA and BA were preseason. It has been said over and over on here that preseason doesnt really mean anything. I'm just trying to make a point that the top teams in each A/AA and AAA have loses to DII. And you say the top 5 in each? Oak Ridge is 0-4 against DII. Also, Brentwood tied MBA and so did we, so i guess we're just as good then if u wunna keep doing it that way.

Now to look at it in a real setting, AAA has a bulk of good teams, DivII has a good amount of good teams, and A/AA has some good teams. so top to bottom would be AAA, divII, A/AA. But it really doesn't matter, cuz any top 5 team could beat any top five team in the other division on any given night. CAK-farragaut = key example. 1-0 game. another would be FRA brentwood, 0-0 game. ummm i dont think i have any other examples.

I think it should be disclosed that FRA tied Brentwood in a preseason scrimmage when Lowder was still playing basketball and many current JV players were in the game so coach could have a look at them against a good team like FRA. I wouldn't read too much in to what EZ says...

ummmm lowder played that game... i dunno what ur talking about. all of those players were starters. so stop making excuses. ask lemmiwinks/that'signorant about it. he really knows what went on. edmonds, lowder, kinsey, all of them played. it was both full varsity squads, so yea, good try tho.

it doesn't really matter. the best percentage of good teams is DII, followed by AAA, then A/AA. It may not be like that in all sports, but in soccer it is year in and year out. Think about the amount of teams in DII and how many can play with or beat any teams in any classification. I'm not sure, but I think there might be, at the most, 25-30 teams in DII in soccer. About 15 of those teams can give any team in the state, regardless of classification, a good game. There ya go.

First of all, no excusses, who was trying to win that game anyway? Lowder was still in basketball season and didn't play until the second half (not to mention he wasn't in soccer form yet) and while the players you mentioned played, you have no idea how many JV players were shuffled in and out of that game and which ones are varsity now. FRA may have played full strength though. If it makes you feel better to get puffed up over a scrimmage game, well, then, go for it, but I think everybody is wise to you.