#1 Knox Catholic--bye, round 1

#2 Baylor--bye, round 1

#3 Webb v. #6 King's Academy at Webb in round 1

#4 McCallie v. #5 Notre Dame at McCallie in round 1

then semifinals:

#1 v. winner #4 v. #5 at Catholic

#2 v. winner #3 v. #6 at Baylor

then, finals at the higher seed

how the heck did catholic get the 1 seed? they must have gotten really lucky, isnt that right hoya75? georgetown stinks. i know u are an avid Irish fan, but i say they have no talent and are a bunch of bums, so what do u have to say to that?

jman51, I have nothing to add to your post. You nailed it. It was luck, plain and simple. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

By the way, Georgetown didn't always stink, but these days I'd have to agree with you on this one, too. Once a fan, though, always a fan---even if your favorite team is a completely talentless embarrassment.

My apologies. You're right. Looking at the reports on soccerinfo.com, ECS appears to be the #1 seed with a 6-0 West Region record. MUS is shown as having a 4-2 record with a loss to CBHS. Christian Bros. is shown with a 4-1 record (don't know about the 6th game). ECS would be #1, CBHS #2 and MUS #3. What about the rest of the division?

CBHS isn't known for ducking anyone. They have had pretty awesome teams for the past 3 or 4 years. I'd hope Catholic could give them a game, but the Irish have to get out of the East Region first. Last year's #1 and #2 seeds in the East (Notre Dame and Baylor) both lost in the Regionals (to Catholic and McCallie) and didn't even get to go to Memphis. The Irish have some work left to do before they can even think about playing anybody in the West or Middle.