Tommy Jenkins Resigns

DekeRivers

Work received as of Friday was Coach Tommy Jenkins has resigned as Head football coach at Elizabethton High.. Dave Ryder former Cyclone Coach and granddad of Cowboy Superstar Jason Witten will be the new and returning coach . The job is his if he wants and terms are met on both ends.. Word is Jim Hastings will also return.

Other reports are Eddie Pless who was intern coach in some games for Betsy last year has applied for the Daniel Boone Job along with the States second winninest coach Mike Lunsford.

I am very sad to hear that Coach Tommy Jenkins health has declined enough to cause him to resign as Betsy Coach. I fully understand and support his decision as his health has to be his main focus right now! I wish him the very best and Godspeed to him! He is a very good man!

Elizabethton should and MUST make it a priority to bring back the winningest coach in their history,Dave Rider. Dave Rider is also a very good man and an excellent football coach. He will put Elizabethton football back to where it should be! Jim Hastings return will be huge for the Betsy defense! while we are talking assistant coaches, I wonder if Rider could bring back one of the best assistants that he ever had, Dave Turpin? Turpin is currently girls softball coach and formerly an assistant football coach at Tenn High in Bristol. WOW,it makes cold chills come on me to think of the power houses these guys could bring back. Eliz School System, hurry and hire Rider! Rider,get Hastings and Turpin quickly!

This sounds like Coach Joe Gibbs recently assembling his staff to return to Washington, not a bad idea after all!

Edited by 1bigorangefan

good news for the Cyclones. I'm Sorry to Tommy and his family, I know he loves football and coaching along will love for all of the kids at Elizabethton.

Now the return of a Legend. My sons played for Coach Ryder many years ago and I love his work. He is a winner... This is also the first step on the return of a positive program.. Hasting is also a winner...Everywhere he goes he builds winning football teams...

I'm sure the right players will be put in the right position and politics is finished. I know Ryder puts players in right position... And I know who will be making decision now and not some assistant's assistant...

Concerning the Daniel Boone job, I hear that Elizabethton Asst. Eddie Pless and former Cloudland Coach Mike Lunsford may the the early frontrunners.The only thing that worries me there is that Unicoi County passed on Lunsford for reasons only they know and so Boone might want to talk to the Unicoi folks!

Edited by 1bigorangefan

Tommy Jenkins will be missed on the field as an assistant to Coach Rider. I don't know anyone who has anything bad to say about Tommy. He is a well respected man and was a top assistant to Rider. God Bless you Tommy and get busy beating the illness that has set you back. We are all for you!

Now Rider, sign the dotted line and lets get rolling for spring practice begins today!!!!

Again, God Bless Tommy Jenkins.