District game results

BigG

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so Kingston won. Who will they play after this? LC plays on wednesday either Loudon or Anderson Co. Which will probably be Loudon. LC should be able to take care of them on Wednesday, however LC cant get cocky on this one. One wrong step and their road to memphis can be a bumpy one. Good luck to both teams on wednesday!

Here we are again! Looks like this is shaping up very similar to last season with the only difference being change in location. The home team got the win last year in OT, and Oneida pushed all the way to the bitter end. New season, new motivation! Kingston again has history on their side as they have outplayed the Indians in several post-season confrontations. Oneida is definitely the up and coming team in this district. The past two seasons they have given LC and Kingston all they could handle, can they get over the "hump" game? Indications would appear they have the skill, and DeAruajo returning to the line up will certainly cause problems for Kingstons back line. McMillian is big time and he will create chances for himself or his teammates. Day is a prototype goalie and he covers a lot of space, so thats gonna present some problems for a long ball team.

Fortunately, Oneida is not one dimensional, they have proved to be a very creative bunch on the offense end, while absolutely suffacating other teams big guns on defense. Will Kingston or upstart Oneida win? If the old saying is true, "Defense Wins Championships". Then this one should be Oneida's time, on the strength of their back line and the solid keeper play of McColloch. 2-0 Indians.

;););)

Here we are again!  Looks like this is shaping up very similar to last season with the only difference being change in location.  The home team got the win last year in OT, and Oneida pushed all the way to the bitter end.

I think you are wrong there. Kingston beat Oneida at Oneida last year 2 to nil. It should be an interesting game. The second meeting of this game is going to be fantastic. The first game Kingston possessed the ball than Oneida. I thin whoever scores first will win the game. Both teams have their flaws, Kingston have the different maker in Day in goal. In last year's game kingston was able to limit Oneida's counter attacking game for the whole the second game, if they are able to do it this year they will be fine. The 1-5-4-1 Oneida plays is too defensive, has much as defense wins championship, a team has to score to win. If this one goes to shoot out it is all kingston. I say Kingston 2-0 again....

Edited by soccereagle15

Good post, SE15. However, I was referring to last year in the district tournament and it was indeed held at Kingston. Oneida blew several good chances in the first game this year (obviously the PK comes to mind) and I would expect Kingston feels they left some out there as well. Oneida plays a 4-5-1 so don't be adding an extra line to the formation.(lol) I really feel this comes down to those so called "difference makers", and I think Oneida has, not better, but more of them. Oneida: DeAruajo, Swain, Grigsby, Buhaly, McColloch, and lately Welch and Smith.

Kingston: McMillan, Day, tall midfielder, and sweeper.

Sorry I did not know their last names, since I never have a line up sheet in front of me. The other players on the field might end up deciding the outcome, because they are all good, solid players. BUT these players mentioned are MOST LIKELY to make a play that will win or lose the game. Come on Indians, RIDE THE WAVE!

;););)