Walker Valley's district

Bear22

I think the above post by badhop "might" be what makes other kids find fault with WV....the post is very ugly, cynical and actually just down right mean. The thread was not that bad until that post. WV is getting a bad reputation in the area for thinking they "are better than" others..parents, players, etc. not just in baseball, but the entire school in general. It is post like the aformentioned that lend to that reputation. Face it Cleveland/Bradley countians, you are all from the same place! Nobody is "better" than the next, it is a small east TN town..not Vegas for goodness sake!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you, bigbadred, that we are all the same and no one individual is worth more than the other, THAT is exactly what we Walker Valley fans have been striving for all along- for our students and athletes to be treated as equals. It isn't that we believe they are better, they just havn't gotten respect and credit for being even average. (see any and all posts regarding basketball) Maybe we do have a chip on our shoulder, but not for what you mistake as being egotistical and arrogant. All you have to do is look at why this thread was begun in the first place-to poor mouth the Walker Valley program. Badhop and the majority of the WV faithful tire of all the negativity thrown our way. It was even done in the media by a fan of another local high school who thought Walker Valley got too much coverage in baseball.

I cannot speak for every player, coach, parent, teacher, or student who is involved with Walker Valley, but speaking as one who believes in providing all the children of Bradley County with the best possible education and opportunities available, I am proud of the accomplishments that ANY student achieves- regardless of their school colors and will continue to celebrate the Walker Valley baseball team, not just for the wins on the field, but also for the young men they are off it.

Bigbadred-What is truly ugly, cynical & downright mean is the number of threads on this website that for the last three months have done nothing but downgrade the

success of a group of young men who have participated in the most successful baseball program not only in this area but the whole state. The reply you are talking about wasn't degrading to W.V.H.S. baseball program, but a message to those in the realm of baseball that can't accept the outstanding year that W.V. has experienced. For three months W.V. has been bashed about this & that by mostly people who envy the success these boys have had & I personally have had enough. W.V. could very well loose the next two games & stay at home just because that's baseball, but it is time to give credit where credit is due instead of looking for things to bash these young men with.

Edited by BADHOP

I don't know if it is the WV players bragging or if it is their fans. Another thought could be some of the opposing players and fans could be doing this to aide in their bashing. If they are on here doing this then I totally agree that humility should be practiced. It is one thing to do your talking on the field with your play, it is another thing to rub someone's nose in it. So if the WV players are doing this they need to stop. Acting like champions is just as important and being champions. Just some food for thought.

I think that the reason that WVHS is bashed on here is because they are so bragging so much about themselves. They are great but need to be a little more humble about themselves. So many times when you brag and build yourselfs up, people enjoy watching you fall. Farragut is the best program in the state and they don't brag as much as the WVHS boys do. I think if they would lay off their talking about how great they are then they wouldn't be ragged so much. The fact that they are AA is a fact that they cannot help. But they truly must see that they would not have such an outstanding record if they played in the 5AAA instead of 5AA. Still that is a fact that will not change for another year. Good luck Mustangs but win with style and be humble about it and so many posts won't be against you.

I would like to see some examples of your "bragging" claims. Most of the comments made on here are in defense or retaliation for previous comments.

Farragut is not treated like the red-headed step child of Bradley Co. either.

I would like to see some examples of your "bragging" claims. Most of the comments made on here are in defense or retaliation for previous comments.

Farragut is not treated like the red-headed step child of Bradley Co. either.

But then again strongarm remember "stick and stones" you don't have to defend yourselves or retaliate just do what you do on the field and everything else will take care of itself. You see when you respond to the bashing it leads to more bashing and then more defense it never ends. So take a little suggestion from someone who has been there and done that just let it slide. It is not worth it. And yes I agree WV is treated somewhat like a "Red-headed step-child, but so what again do what you do on the field the rest doesn't matter.

Attitude reflects altitude, acting like a champion is as big a quality as actually being a champion.

It's easier to post with all that extra time on your hands since the great and mighty Rhea Co. Eagles ended your season, huh? If you do play for Cleveland, I'll bet you have played with and against WV and Bradley players all your life at the park. Why can't people pull for WV since they are the only team representing the county. Being jealous from the couch don't do much good, come out and watch them play....bet you'll keep your comments to yourself up there.

I am not sure why some (you know who you are) people want to start threads for the sole purpose of bashing another team. I am not aware of WV bashing Cleveland, Bradley, McMinn or any of the teams in their district. It seems to be OK for teams to post threads about their wins, unless that team is WV. If a positive tread is started about WV, anything good that is said is considered bragging and the bashers are soon to reply. But that is OK. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. It appears that for some (few) it is much easier to hate than appreciate the effort this team and all of the teams have put into trying to have a successful season.

Keep on bashing away, it will just help motivate the WV team to prove themselves at the next level.

:usa: