Katie Hubbard Homers For Lady Cyclones!

1bigorangefan

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will also congratulate Katie on her homerun, and hope it is the first of more for her and the Lady Cyclones. However, it was the only Cyclone hit in yet another loss to Unicoi County. As for your other comments, Katie made her own choice to discontinue basketball. Poor coaching had nothing to do with it, and the Lady Cyclone Basketball program is currently enjoying the most successful run of success in its history. As for small town politics, one has to look no farther than the EHS softball program and its last five or six head coaching decisions.

Wait just a minute guys, this post was in no way meant to start a turf war or point fingers,it was a way to congratulate a very worthy young lady on a huge accomplishment! Why would you take this opportunity to talk about speed, quickness or any other thing rather that to say "Good job Katie"!

My daughter played ball against Katie in middle school and even played on all star squads with her. I do know that basketball was her first love but she has made a very nice transition to softball.

Please accept my comments as only words of encouragement to Katie and others like her. Yes, the Betsy girls did have a good year and Im very proud of them also!. Please join me in uplifting our students and not taking cheap shots or trying to hurt their feelings in print!

It is fine if adults choose to bicker but let's leave the kids out of it!

Good luck Betsy and all other other area schools in all your sports!

Katie's fine accomplishment is not at issue here, and I never take shots at players on these boards. However, you fired the first shots with your exclamation pointed sentence about poor coaching and small town politics. This is a softball board and you would have been fine just sticking to softball. When you take misguided shots at coaches in another sport you should expect a rebuttle. Politics had nothing to do with her basketball decision, but politics have ruled the roost in EHS Softball for years. The instability caused by the political infighting, frequent coaching changes, over involvement by parents, loss of players to other schools, and quality players in the school no longer playing the sport have all contributed to the lack of success of the program much beyond the District level. Obviously ,Coach Hardin inherited a challenge. The young team has played some good softball this season and should be better next year. Keep enjoying softball, just don't make critical statements if you don't know the whole story.

Your hostile comments have led me to seek out who would be so bitter as to use this post which started as ONLY a way to compliment a fine young lady for a job well done and turn it into a way to vent anger over a personal issue. I believe I now see the whole picture! It was not the decision of the players that named a new coach, that decision came directly from the Ath. Director and Principal at EHS, according to the A.D. I dont know the new coach but he must be doing something right, I read that they defeated a very good Happy Valley (my alma mater) and move on to the Regionals as they take the top 2 teams, I believe.

The process or decision of who to hire is always a hot topic, especially in small towns like yours, but again, dont let it rain on the kids parade just because of the way you feel.

By the way, I understand that Coach Dave Rider has applied for the football position again, I hope the powers that be are smart enough to bring back the man responsible for the the success of Eliz football!

Good luck to all our area schools!

wow!

Nice job editing out the hostile comments you originally posted to cover your tracks! Unlike you I will stick by my comments as everything I have said is true. Also note, I have said nothing negative about Coach Hardin or his players and have wished them well against Unicoi County on another post. Had your edited post been your original this entire thread would have never existed.

Hostile comments? Not from me! I have no reason to post hostile comments! My child isn't at EHS and I don't know the new coach! I do, however know some of the players and their parents. Where do you get that I had hostile remarks and I too stand by my opinion, thats right its my opinion,just like you have yours!What makes yours anymore correct than mine? As I said earlier, let's wish the kids the best and move on. Anymore would just hurt the children we should be supporting and that's not my intention.How about you? Enough said! By the way, do you have ESP and know who my coaching comment was intended for? I think not! Next time know before you comment or just ask!

Fine with me as this has never involved the players anyway. I have no idea which coach the statement was directed at since it was so general in nature, but that is why I defended against it for all the coaches. If you have an issue with a particular coach you could take it up with them.

and you sir should be earning your pay that the taxpayers afford you!Does your supervisors know you play on taxpayers money and time? The new Director might not be happy! You may want to let waterboy,I mean Iceman post during the day for you,oh maybe he might be busy writing elsewhere. I told you Id check you out!

Best of luck to you! the times of all your post are evident that you are not posting only on free time or lunch,so...

1bigorange, you started this thread with your post about how coaches and small town politics ran this girl off the BB team. Then you delete your post and replace it with a Wow and then attempt to continue the debate with 17 and make him out to be something that he is not. Thats not playing fair, and its cowardice.

17 stands by his opinion, why couldnt you?

Postscript to Buki4life:

You are wrong on both guesses about 17. He has never made a secret of who he is.

If you really think he is MW or DF then that just shows how little you know about the Cyclones.

Edited by JimmyChitwood

Trying to figure out just who coach17 is. I'm pretty sure just which one. Is he the head coach or the sportswriter who at one time was one of the few writers that would put anything in the paper positive about Unicoi County sports. But something changed because he doesn't have the guts to stand up to somebody and write about them when they win. All he wants to do is rub it in on them when they lose. He works for the Johnsopn City Press not the people of Carter County. The press is a Multi county paper. Write about all teams positive as well as negative. In your home town paper put whatever the people want to hear.

Anyway, coach if there has been no politics or anything going on there is no reason why you should have to get on here and defend yourself.