Powell Baseball

redupset

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder the likelyhood of an outsider coming in and getting the job and being the new baseball coach and asst. football coach. I know plenty of people who are interested. As a matter of fact I know a head baseball coach who would love to coach football as well. He actually had more scholarships out of high school to play football than baseball. It sounds like a good fit for everyone.

Edited by bigcat33

I wonder the likelyhood of an outsider coming in and getting the job and being the new baseball coach and asst. football coach. I know plenty of people who are interested. As a matter of fact I know a head baseball coach who would love to coach football as well. He actually had more scholarships out of high school to play football than baseball. It sounds like a good fit for everyone.

I seriously doubt that will happen. Powell isn't a school where the head baseball coach also coaches football. Besides, there are no football positions open. They are all filled.

Like I said, something should be known in the next couple of weeks.

well she just told us that if he does get that position then he will remain the coach.

and y do you say Powell "isnt a school to have the head coach for baseball be a football coach"? lol its just like any other school. Coach Duff will let it happen. Coach Duff is the man!!!! and i had the privelege of taking his beautiful daughter to prom-just thought id share :justwrestle: lol

Because both a football coach - assistant or head coach - and the head baseball coaching positions are year round jobs. There simply isn't time for a baseball coach to coach such a time demanding sport like football. Cale tried to help with the freshman football team three years ago and it just didn't work out from a time perspective.

Bates shut up! Coach Lawson does a great job. I mean heck hes only been to 2 region tournaments, 1 region championship, 2 district runner-ups, and a district championship in 4 years, but yeah find some1 else. You have got to be jokin thats a great job he has done. Last time I recall he did win the regular season district championship this year. Sorry Robby to tell u that u can't alwasy win them all inless you are Farragut and dont a have an out in your line-up. You need to look into things befoer you get on here talking about how he hasnt got the job done. GIVE ME A BREAK

how could you get on here and say that he is not gettin the job done...sportsfanatic just told you everything he has done in four years...so we lost a couple of games that we couldnt lose...is it the coach's fault that we didnt play to the best of our capability...Coach Lawson has done a great job and nobody has the right to say anything about getting a new coach untill the man himself resigns.....chances are he will twice the coach of the person that takes his place will be if needed.........Lawson is also in the race for coach of the YEAR! yeah lol get rid of him...you gotta be jokin right

Edited by hummer3