Region 4

freekick2001

Columbia, Tullahoma, Blackman and Riverdale. All four teams are pretty evenly matched. On paper I give the edge to Blackman, but they have lost some games they probably shouldnt have lost. Tullahoma started slow but are on top of their game right now. Riverdale has had their ups and downs this season but seem to have it together now, especially after beating top seed Warren County. Columbia has been fairly consistent all year. If these games are low scoring Columbia could have a slight advantage because of their strong defense and they have been involved in alot of low scoring games the past two seasons. If they become high scoring games they may be at a disadvantage. Tullahoma will rely heavily on their defense as well. High scoring games probably favor Blackman and Riverdale. They seem to have more offense than Tullahoma and Columbia. For the most part Tullahoma and Columbia play similar type games with very strong defense. Blackman and Riverdale on the other hand can be real dangerous depending on what team shows up. I will make a safe prediction and say that 2 of these teams will advance to sectionals.

Edited by freekick2001

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that the four teams that will be trying to get the two seeds to sectionals are all pretty good teams. Both district finals will be fights and close games since the underdog beat both of the favorites earlier in the year by one goal in each game. From what i have heard columbia has a very good defense this year with a good keeper so any time they get a score early on they have to be considered dangerous. Riverdale has the ability up front to put many goals in the back of the net but there defense and keeper are suspect and somewhat untested by the stronger teams in the state. Blackman is a really good team and if they get things going then they could be able to go pretty far but mental lapses and a few mistakes could easily end anyones season. I dont know much about Talluhoma but i have heard they have a pretty good defense as well. I believe the teams who make it to the finals will all depend on how the district finals go and which team comes out today. Just remember last year's far more talented Blackman team was upended by Columbia because they didnt come out to play and got behind on a mistake in the back so anything can happen...