Results from A/AA District 5 & 6 Finals

Chatt_soccer

Does anyone know the results or have any comments on these games?

I know that CCS won 3-1 in a fairly lopsided match. CSAS had a few dangerous opportunities on the counter, but CCS dominated the midfield and held possession for most of the game.

Does anyone know who won the Grace-Boyd game?

Next weeks Regions Semis will be as follows:

Grace/Boyd loser at CCS

CSAS at Grace/Boyd winner

Once we know the result of that game I'd like to hear some predictions about next weeks games.

That puts Boyd at CCS on Tuesday and CSAS at Grace.

In my opinion the first matchup won't even be a game if CCS gets a goal early look for this one to open up and it could be a blowout 4 or 5 - 0, if Boyd can rattle them with their physical play and get lucky they can hang around for a while, but I expect at least a 2 or 3 goal victory for CCS.

The other game should be a little more interesting, while Grace is probably the better team they haven't played too many tough opponents throughout the year and they might be looking too far ahead to a Thursday matchup with CCS. I think that CSAS could surprise a lot of people in this one if they show up and play well.

Good post chatt soccer. I wonder if I know you? If Grace overlooks CSAS one bit, it could potentially be the district 6 rematch for the region. CSAS has some glaring weaknessess on their team, but also some great players. Although Alex blatantly had a handball on the CSAS goal, that was not the reason for the goal. The handball came at midfield. It was the play of the kid up front, I think Kit. He made a great move on one of our better defenders and slotted it very well. The shot count was 22-3 for the game, but 2 of the 3 CSAS shots were very very dangerous (1 goal, another just wide). They played well and I would not be at all surprised if they beat Grace. Good luck to anybody still playing who reads this...

Thanks Steven for pointing out my handball. I don't know how the refs didn't see that. Your whole defense stopped on the play and I just kept playing and played a long ball to Kit who put it in for us. He did all the work for the goal. I just got lucky on the handball. We scored though and thats some improvement from the last time we played you. CSAS vs. Grace will be a good matchup though. You should beat Boyd pretty easily. They play rough, but don't have much skill. Good luck to you.

Wow, if he develops well, he will be a really good player. Our coach said before the game that if they were going to be able to beat us, he would be the one to do it. So, he's earned the respected of a very experienced and good coach, and although it was a cheap build-up to his goal, he did what he was supposed to do and put it away. I would love to play Grace, but I don't see them beating CSAS.