blackman vs. tullahoma and riverdale vs. columbia

warboro

Yes the refs were not the greatest, and the goal was contraversial but do you mean contraversial that it went in or that the keeper had the ball? I know some thought the ball never went in cause it came back but it hit the yellow football post and game back out. However, I could have seen it get called back from contact with the keeper. But great game Riverdale and hopefully we can meet again next year. The scoreboard says Tullohoma-0...Blackman-3

Edited by chs_soccer34

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackman played a good game, but the real story is how we (tullahoma) fell apart on defense. We didnt step to a man and blackman made us pay for it. The 2nd goal was a gift. Number 11 got the ball passed to him i turned to step to him and slipped and he shot and it went off my arm into the net. And the third goal was just mid-field not stepping up and letting a guy run through and score. It was a very even game and heartbreaker for tullahoma, but there is always next year. Goodluck Columbia i hope you smash them. If you want any other info contact me at tullahomacats04@hotmail.com

Edited by --captain4--

i mean that it was contraversial that the keeper had the ball... i mean when he has two hands on the ball then it should have been called a foul... i know the ball went in and hit the yellow post.. that ball was rocketed.

now for blackman and columbia... im goign for blackman on this one and i think they will win.. columbia didnt impress me at all.. their keeper was supposed to be awsome.. he wasnt that great... all they do is kick it to the wings.. and trust me blackman's wings are fast and can handle then... whoever looses good luck at mcminn co cause they will rock you... but whoever wins has a good chacne at going to state... go luck to everyone

Yes there was contact with the keeper on Columbias second goal, but if you remember early in the game the Columbia keeper was hit alot harder when he went up to catch a corner kick. Maybe there was no call because he managed to hold on to the ball but that should have been a foul also. As for the Columbia keeper not impressing you, he really wasnt tested too much. He had a little screw up at the end when he waited for a ball to roll into his box instead of clearing it himself. 10 goals allowed in 20 games isnt too shabby. I know the Riverdale players were upset after the game but thats no excuse for some of the players and the coach to refuse to shake hands. The Columbia keeper walked up to the coach after the game to shake hands and he just walked by and asked him how much did you pay the refs. Its not the players fault for the calls made on the field.

Edited by freekick2001

As for Columbia and Blackman. Last year they played one terrific regional semi final game. Blackman probably underestimated Columbia since they beat them

4-0 during the season. Im sure they wont be underestimating them this year. This promises to be a real good game. Both teams have really good keepers so this should be a low scoring game. I give the edge to Blackman on offense and the edge to Columbia on defense. The runner up will surely have a much harder time advancing to state. Last year when Columbia beat Riverdale for regions they played a much softer opponent in sectionals, Red Bank. Riverdale had to play McMinn county. Looks like the runner up will have to play McMinn Co again this year. McMinn looks better this year than they did lasy year. So there is definitely alot on the line for Blackman and Columbia. Good luck to both.

Unless Columbia just played really bad against us. (riverdale). then blackman should beat them by at least three. The goalie for columbia is real acrobatic but made some bad decisions. Blackman's offense will prove to be to much for Columbia, and columbia doesn't have the offense to score on Blackman. Blackman 4-0 is my guess.

I think Columbia wins 3-0. Blackman has a good defense but i think the forwards for Columbia are far better than Blackmans defense. Even though Blackman put up 3 on us last night i was not impressed. None of the goals was a quality shot it was just breakdown on our part. We made bad decissions last night and Blackman took advantage of it. Good luck Columbia hope you go all the way.

Strange that someone from Riverdale would predict a 4-0 win for Blackman. It seemed that Blackman and Riverdale were pretty even teams with Blackman maybe being slightly better. Since Columbia beat Riverdale 3-1 I would think the Blackman Columbia game would be fairly even. But stats dont mean too much in the playoffs.