blackman vs. tullahoma and riverdale vs. columbia

warboro

pretty tense game for the most part, neither team willing to concede any momentum to the other.....blackman definitely had the better chances, hitting the post once and cartmel makin a few good saves, boyntons goal was pretty strange actually, he barely beat cartmel to a through ball with a slide and clipped the ball towards an open net, only for the ball to rebound right to him off the post so he could drill the followup past a field player filling the net, great game from both teams

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game on both parts we were a little unlucky, and really only had one real chance for a goal early on. Their goal was just hussle on the part of Boynton and maybe indecision on my part. I really didn't think he would come sliding to the ball. This game was much like the last game between us and them. I wish y'all the best of luck, and hopefully you can put out cleveland and head to Memphis. As for us, our road is a little bit tougher having to go to McMinn county not only that but its a 5 or 6 hour bus ride. Should be real fun. Again good luck Blackman and represent well.

CtownGK don't let your spirits down; let that bus ride give each of the player’s time to concentrate on the game. You will do fine; you’re a good team with a lot of talent. I believe you will have no problem, just go out there together with a positive attitude because you can do it.

Even though the game could have gone either way, Blackman definitely had the better chances and if not for some strong goalkeeping and strong defensive play from Columbias back line it could have been 3-0 or even worse. Blackman deserved the win and the goal was just great hustle from Boyntons part. Lucky for him that after his shot hit the post it rebounded right back to him and he had an open net. But he would never have had the chance if it wasnt for his great hustle. Blackman is a class act. It was a great game and since the two teams have a little bit of a rivalry it was good to see a real clean game. Both teams showed alot of respect for each other on and off the field. Go to state and do well, Blackman. As for Columbia they will go to McMinn Co. and hopefully play the game of their lives and just see what happens.

Edited by freekick2001

Columbias defense will be getting the test of their lives tonight in McMinn. Co. This has been their strong point for the past 2 seasons. Im sure they will be up for it. Id be crazy to say Columbia will win but I know they will play hard and try to keep it close. They played Bearden last year in state. 0-0 for the first 35 minutes but Columbia let down after that. Then the coach emptied the bench for most of the second half. Hopefully Columbia will play hard for 80 minutes and play the game of their lives and let everything else take care of itself. Hopefully there will be someone from region 4 at state. Good luck to Blackman tonight.