tennessee lady tigers SELECT

Why was he the only coach that was walking around this weekend with a pass? And why didn't he want to play Shelbyville early Saturday since there was a no show in their pool play?

He was quoted as saying" That he wanted them to wait" Because he was going to enjoy beating Shelbyville"

Well God don't like early that why the events turn, they waited and got beaten by Shelbyville.

They had to play Sunday morning against Team Pride, which some of the parents thought that it was going to be a easy task. But instead I think Team Pride wore them out, to set up the easy win by Shelbyville in the end for 1st place.

So Mr. Jordan, even though I am not with a team this year, I would like to know how does it feel to have what you thought was Tennessee Finest to come in second place.

Well, I don't think anyone has ever accused Ross Jordan of being a great coach, but he does have a great team. I too wondered the same things you did: Why were he and his assistant wearing passes and why would he not move his game with Shelbyville up on Sat. night.

The Tigers Select are a talented team made of some of the best athletes from around the state. Shelbyville on the other had has the best BALL PLAYERS in the state and looked to have a decided advantage in coaching. Looked to me like the Sunday game was an indication of how deep Sport Shop is and how talented they really are winning a state championship going away by 20 points.

With that being said, I imagine the three teams going to the Nationals with seeds (Shelbyville 7th, Tigers 8th, and Team Pride 9th) are going to do very well. Best of luck to all players and coaches and bring a championship back to Tennessee!

I don't intend to be a spokesperson for Ross Jordan, or the Tennessee Lady Tigers. I am always amazed by the things that people "see" or "hear". One fact is, the Tennessee Lady Tigers is made up of a core of BALL PLAYERS that have won two AAU National Championships - as 12u and 13u. The fact that they lost to Shelbyville in the state tournament; especially under the circumstances in which the tournament was conducted, is insignificant in the long run. I wish all the teams from Tennessee good luck, but in the National Tournament the teams have to earn their wins.

Shelbyville beat you twice and had more fouls called on them in both games. If you want to play Shelbyville again come to there Tournament June 11 - 13 and you can play them again. If you want me to I will call Bubba myself and make sure he plays you at his tournament. The day of the National Championship is over and Ross Jordan and whatever you want to call his ast. coach, is nowhere near Warner or Epley. Shelbyville has the best 15 under team in the state and Pride is probably second best. From what I heard the Pride missed 18 FTs on you in the semi final game. If they hit half of them they beat you also. I would also like to Thank, #4 and #50 on the Tigers Select for showing alot of class in sticking around and clapping for the Shelbyville girls as they got their medals. The other kids and parents put on a good show as they left the gym and wouldn't stick around and watch. They showed exactly what they were made of and that is nothing. You two girls showed alot class about yourself and your parents should be very proud of you also.

One thing people should always remember is that you Win With Class and You Lose With It Also.

Congrats to the Shelbyville Sport Shop girls for going out and proving that you were best in the state and carry it all the way to Winston Salem.

Also who cares about 12 and 13 year old ages. That is the past and 15 under is the present so stop living in the past and worry about the present. OOPS YOU DIDN'T DO IT AGAIN.

Edited by jray32

Shelbyville beat you twice and had more fouls called on them in both games. If you want to play Shelbyville again come to there Tournament June 11 - 13 and you can play them again. If you want me to I will call Bubba myself and make sure he plays you at his tournament. The day of the National Championship is over and Ross Jordan and whatever you want to call his ast. coach, is nowhere near Warner or Epley. Shelbyville has the best 15 under team in the state and Pride is probably second best. From what I heard the Pride missed 18 FTs on you in the semi final game. If they hit half of them they beat you also. I would also like to Thank, #4 and #50 on the Tigers Select for showing alot of class in sticking around and clapping for the Shelbyville girls as they got their medals. The other kids and parents put on a good show as they left the gym and wouldn't stick around and watch. They showed exactly what they were made of and that is nothing. You two girls showed alot class about yourself and your parents should be very proud of you also.

One thing people should always remember is that you Win With Class and You Lose With It Also.

Congrats to the Shelbyville Sport Shop girls for going out and proving that you were best in the state and carry it all the way to Winston Salem.

Also who cares about 12 and 13 year old ages. That is the past and 15 under is the present so stop living in the past and worry about the present. OOPS YOU DIDN'T DO IT AGAIN.

Jray32. I can tell by the way you write that you are a basketball genius, and a scholar. So, please forgive me. You are great. I am not worthy. All hail Shelbyville Sport Shop: the best in the state of Tennessee, the nation, and the world!

Don't know how they will do in the Nationals but I really enjoyed watching them play last weekend. They are deep at each position and destroyed the Tigers in the Championship. The coach of Shelbyville told me that the Tigers couldn't handle physical play when I talk with him Saturday morning before he played them Saturday night. He was exactly right, Shelbyville got physical and it took the Tigers out of everything they wanted to do. I respect Shelbyville and until you beat them they are the best 15 under team in the state, SO LIVE WITH IT.

Please explain - The Tigers Select is really the old Memphis Elite/Blackhawks , correct ?? And two players off the Shelbyville team this year played on the TN Lady Tiger team that beat Shelbyville last year ?? It is confusing to follow.

Yes, the TN Tigers Select are the old Memphis Blackhawks/Elite. They added a couple of players this year - one from Mt. Juliet, one from Chattagnooga, and another big girl (#31 - not sure where she is from). The two that played with Shelbyville last year are the kid from MJ and big kid they picked up for the nationals from Chattanooga. They are coached by Ross Jordan who has previously coached with Cleave Harris and Chip Fredrickson on the Tigers of old.

Shelbyville Sport Shop picked up several new players this year, two of which played for the Tigers last year - post from Oak Ridge and guard from Kentucky. They are coached by Matt Insell and Tom Hodges, who have coached them every year they have had a team, 3 I think.

Hope that clears it up.

The final game showed the strength of Shelbyville.....stronger, 2 & 3 deep at every position. Great job by the coaches and each player. Keep working hard and you will accomplish great things this summer.

I'm sure the Tigers will make a good run in the nationals as well but a special thanks to Casey Pigue and #50 for the class that you showed after the game. Its nice to see young ladies do what is right regardless of the situation. Both of you are winners.

Ross Jordan, got just what he deserve- a good old fashioned butt whooping.

And I agree with the previous post, Pride should have won the game earlier, but free throws cause them the game.

And as for the Tennessee Tiger Select team (except for Casey Pique and #50) the team as a whole has some of the nastiest attitudes, right along with the the coach (Ross) looking like father nemo.

He hate to lose! But I love that he lost.

So until Tennessee Tiger Select team change their nasty attitudes, I am cheering for Shelbyville and Pride.