Pro Tryout - PITTSBURGH PIRATES

LHill

When: June 15, 2004 9:00 am

Where: Greer Stadium Nashville, TN

Who Can Participate: ALL Players Age 15 - 21

Players are expected to provide their own transportation to and from the camp as well as their own equipment, uniforms, shoes, gloves, bats, sports drinks or water etc. American Legion Players MUST have written permission from their Legion Coach or Post Commander in order to participate.

The camp will be conducted by Pirates Scouting Supervisor, Jack Powell and assisted by a staff of Pirates Scouts. Contact Larry Hill, Scout (615) 794-9385

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a regular Pittsburgh Pirate tryout camp run by the scouts of the Pirates.

There is no cost other than the gas to get to the stadium. My oldest son attend 3 or 4 of Jack Powells camps over the years in Clarksville and Nashville. You will run the 60 yard dash, take infield and batting practice. The pitchers will get to throw to the batters after they have been timed on the gun. The camp starts at 9:00 and usually runs till about 2:00 unless there are alot of players that show up.

Go and have fun. B)

Guest mchssoccernut

Pirates? please i've got a scout on me from the astros they way betta then the stupid pirates. please i think the cubs are sending a scout as well.

ok, this should be fun...

mchssoccernut - even if you do have the Astros looking at you, for all we know the Pirates could be the next dynasty in 6-8 more years and the Astros could transform into the annual losers...

Bulldog10 - I don't care who is looking at you, because as far as I am concerned I would rather have a player with heart than one with a big head and start bragging about who is looking for them...

Catfish72 - funniest thing I've heard in a while...

I have known Jack Powell (Pirates scout) for several years. He runs a good try-out camp.

Better still is the opportunity to listen to what Jack has to say. Wise, knowledgeable and inspirational. Parents ... if you get a chance .... position yourself close enough to hear what Jack has to say when he addresses the boys, before the try-out.

Guest mchssoccernut

actually i don't play baseball i just got bored and had nothing to do. as for bulldog he does play but he ain't even in high school.