DII East Semifinal

Hoya

From a Notre Dame parent, let me say it's been fun and interesting reading the posts of Hoya75 and JStone14 throughout the year. All the teams in Division II East have some great players, making the competition really tough and special. The three teams not going to state probably all deserve a better fate, but Catholic and Webb certainly earned their positions. Good luck to Catholic and Webb at state, and congrats to McCallie (my alma mater) for making it as far as you did.

Thanks, tennfitz. I share legolas' view posted in another thread that the best team for the past few years has been CBHS. The best DII Region, however, over the past several years has been DII East. No question that ND and Baylor were easily in the best 8 DII teams in Tennessee last year when Catholic and McCallie went to Memphis. This year McCallie is easily the highest quality team that won't advance, but who clearly should along with KCHS and Webb. McCallie played a tremendous game. As usual, they never gave up when they fell behind. Templeton's goal was clutch. The Tornado was far more dangerous on attack than in the last game between the two teams. It's a very tough loss for a quality senior class from McCallie. McCallie's classy seniors, in particular, will be missed in the Region next year.

Guest legolas

hoya75,

Thanks for your acknowledgement. In the past couple of years it has been fairly apparent that both the east and west have been the more dominant regions. If my memory is correct two if not all three middle region teams lost in the first round in last year's spring fling. It looks like BGA this year is the class of the middle region but it will be interresting to see if they really can stay with the east/west teams at the fling next week. If you look at their schedule, they have quality wins against Grissom of Ala., ECS, and Brentwood but the vast majority of their season was played against teams that look very weak on paper. The 6-0 loss to Farragut makes them look pretty suspect also. Maybe they had a bunch of key players missing that day who knows? It will be fun to see who brings up their play at the fling. :(

Edited by legolas