CCS vs. Boyd

imthathard

I think that it is a good match up. Boyd has a good pitching lineup but CCS is pretty decent all around. They have good starting pitchers and good relieving pitchers as well. The main problem with CCS is if everybody on that team hits together and stays pumped up. I think CCS has the main advantage with the way their bats are working right now and the pitching they have. It's good for them that they got three of their starting players back from injury and maybe they can dominate today. I think CCS will win today.

I never post on the baseball board...but oh well.

Nathan Long hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 7th for the win. Jon Cook pitched a complete game, and so did the Boyd pitcher. He got a little bit wild towards the end, but both pitched great games.

5/19/2004 - Nathan Long Homer Gives CCS Region Baseball Title - Sports - Chattanoogan.com

Wow, what a game. Both teams deserved to win that one yesterday. Both pitchers threw great games, while CCS was able to get that one extra run. This marks the third straight year these two teams have played close games in the region championship. Good luck to the Bucs while they travel and play at Friendship on Friday, and especially to my boys from CCS. Way to go guys, no one gave yall a chance after losing 7 starters from last year's team, but yall went out and proved everyone wrong. Keep up the good work.