Halls @ DB

bendb1

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night has an interesting twist for D-B and Halls fans, in that, the two schools will play each other in Baseball @ Dobyns-Bennett, while the two schools will be scrimmaging each other in Football @ Halls.

Halls fans, how 'bout a scouting report on your baseball team? Please...tell us about the pitchers you didn't use against Farragut and plan to use against us...who are your top hitters, defensive players, best outfield arms, most speed on the basepaths...all that stuff and anything else you'd like to add. How many of your baseballers are missing the football scrimmage, but should have an impact on the gridiron come fall?

Halls fans, please travel carefully tomorrow.

bendb 1 what class are you not in? Good Luck to you and all the Indians.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Jeff Lockwood will be starting for us and he is left handed and throws low to mid 80's with a pretty good curve ball. Relief will be Daniel Larsen who throws upper 80's-low 90's with an average splitter. We have decent hitting when we come to play. We have 8 players that are on the baseball team that play football. The majority of them start but you never know what can happen. How about a scouting report on you all?

ok?

Did I just witness someone from "Team A" giving a scouting report on their own team to "Team B"? Even though "Team A" and "Team B" face each other. I've heard of teams trading tapes of other teams, but not each other. This is kind of wierd...let it be a surprise guys. I should be at the game IF I don't go to the Unicoi County softball game...

Should be a good game though. Dobyns-Bennett CAN be beat...everyone can be beat. The only full game I've seen them play this year was against Science Hill at Cardinal Park during the AAC Tournament. They were facing McGahey that night, and I'm sorry but he is good...but not THAT good. I thought D-B hit him pretty well, because the report that I HAD (it has changed since then) was that he was unhittable. A good pitcher yes, but D-B was hitting him and hitting him hard. I'm not a D-B fan, and never have been. In fact, being from Hawkins County, I've always had it out for D-B hoping that they would lose while I was in high school. We beat them in basketball while I was in school and we were loving it. But the guys playing there now have played hard and played tough. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to see D-B go all the way...as long as Kingsport doesn't become littered with those "Home of State Champions" signs everywhere...I hate those stupid signs. Living vicariously through the athletes...anyways, good luck Indians.

Remember that I'm not pulling FOR you...but this year I WON'T be pulling AGAINST you...and that's a giant step for me. LOL

(Meant with no ill will towards D-:)