BGA 1- 0 Father Ryan

gophergoal

if i am correct BGA hasnt lost since loosing to Blackman 1-0 before spring break. Father Ryan was by far the best team we have faced since that and maybe before. for the first time in a long timewe were held to very few scoring opportunities. usually, even if we dont score alot, we will have missed alot of shots, but that wasnt the case last night. and if anyone is wondering the goal came off a backdoor header from a corner kick.

IS this a joke? The best team youve played since Spring Break? Better than a brentwood team that was up 2-0 on BGA and Beat Father Ryan 8-1. Yes, 8-1. Come on, how can some people from BGA come on and say that the Brentwood BGA game was one of the best they had ever seen, and then say that Father Ryan is the best team theyve playyed since spring Break. Please tell me you simply forgot that you played us. Also, Walton is one bad dude and he can do what he wants.

Edited by That'sIgnorant

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly i did forget about brentwood when i wrote the post. but as i think about it i still do not change my mind. brentwood was very solid and they capitalized when we made mistakes but they still had alot of holes. we scored three goals on you in the second half, and yet in the whole game we only scored once on Ryan. yes brentwood did make us pay for our mistakes in the back whne we played them, but that is how y'all scored, mistakes. you cant deny that. finally ryan pressured us all night they probably won the possestion battle and they clearly had the skill to play with us. the only reason BGA won that game was because we have 10 starters who are seniors. when things didnt go our way we didnt loose our cool. we kept fighting and knew that if we kept playing our game something good would happen, and it did. Ryan played extremely well and if we had slipped up, i have no doubt they would have capitalized and taken the game.

Barnes is a great athlete but it is hard to compare him to a keeper who has been all region and all state since his sophmore year.

i dont know the rules about double yellows and suspensions but even if he isnt automaticly suspended walton carried on so much that he would have been suspended anyway.

regardless of what actually happened, i'm curious to know who will be starting in goal, as it seems apparent that Barnes would be a tough loss in the backfield. on the other hand, if Barnes really is a decent keeper, it might be a decent idea to put him back there, pull jonnyC to sweep to replace him, and utilize the deep bench to fill the subsequent hole in the middle. anyone know what plans are as of now?

i do know what the plans are but i wont tell. not because i just want to be annoying but because were going into the state quaterfinals and were going to need every bit of help that we can get. putting barnes in goal and moving jon back sounds like a plan but there is nobody in the state that could fill jon's hole. you'll just have to wait and see what happens. goo what school do you go to?

Cartwright controls the middle of the field and putting him in the back would really hurt the middle third. BGA will either have to play an offensive or defensive game. Without Cartwright in the midfield, BGA may have to play not to lose. I do believe in building a team from the back, so I look forward to seeing some seniors really step up against ECS. If Cartwright does get pulled back, what about putting Lucas at center mid?

Edited by scarab

with the season we have been having, there is no way BGA will come into this game game with our tail tucked between our legs. our season ended on the last shot of a shootout last year in the quarterfinals and there is no way we are going down that soon again. with the skill we have on the team it dosnt really matter who plays goal. whoever it is will have the best team in the state in front of them. BGA will play this game and every game left with an intencity that few have seen and we will never give up. NEVER.