Info. on Columbia Academy

lcsoccer

I tell you what lc you better not underestimate ca. At the beginning of the year I didn't think they would make it out of district, but now they are basically undefeated. Thier only loss came to Cordova while CA only had 8 players for the most part of the game. They are sure capable of pulling the upset. Good Luck CA wish I was there with yall.

with ca, the winning point will be the midfield. a decent defense can watch their strikers most of the game, just be careful on set plays (corners, throw ins, free kicks). what they do is play the ball outside and bring 4 players into the center mid position and control the ball from there. if the center mids from the opposing team come back and contain, their team will move the ball outside, where it's much easier for the defense to control/contain. don't stab, though, watch out for the little side step, because once they get open they'll try to switch the ball with a nice long kick to either the center (right behind the sweeper) or to the opposite corner, close to the far post. if all else fails, they'll drop it back and try to clear the ball up the field. they are able to drop the ball because they all have good control, decent speed. when they drop it back to a wing defender, they'll again pull 4 center mids back and control the midfield while the opposing team chases the ball with their strikers and center mids. that's their offense, pretty much.

on defense, they're quick and have good control, and occasionally they play physically. most of their defense is getting the offensive player off the ball far enough for the goalie to run out and pick it up or clear it, which is easy because at home they have a very short field, i'd say 40 yds per half. their goalie is quick and tall, so he has good reach. the key will be getting him off balance or coming straight at him, hard. come in at the side and dribble to the PK before you turn the ball, and go low corners. when coming from the front, go low corners or side net, he'll dive. the key will just be to outstretch him. he goes down, pray it goes outside his hands. he also has a good kick, but his offense can't play on it because their field is too short, so just pull the defense back to receive the ball and it'll be ok.

also, players to watch- 23,27,5,6,9,10, and if 11's up to speed, him too.

23,27,5,6,9,10 all rotate around from outside to center mid. 23,5(i think he's the stopper too),6, and 9 are the main 4 the put in center mid on an offensive run, and any of them will also rotate outside on the far post or make a run to the corner to try and cross the ball. 11 plays oustide mid the entire time, but a quick defender can keep him out of the game. 9 controlled the ball most of the time when we played them for district champs. 27, 3, and 10 go up most often, playing center mid/forward. 3 has good control, but he's small so he's not too hard to mark up. he's quick though and he will beat you if you stab.

i posted this before we played them in region, it's pretty accurate. they have a lot of depth and some very good players up front. #9, 23, 27, 5, and 3 are their top offensive players, but watch 11 running down your left, his right side, coming in hard at the back post.

I tell you what lc you better not underestimate ca. At the beginning of the year I didn't think they would make it out of district, but now they are basically undefeated. Thier only loss came to Cordova while CA only had 8 players for the most part of the game. They are sure capable of pulling the upset. Good Luck CA wish I was there with yall.

i'm wondering why you would think they wouldn't get out of districts....it'd be hard for them NOT to. they are definitely one of the top 2 teams no matter who is first or second, be it us, page, zion, whoever. if page is 1, they are 2 and vice versa. this year, though, we were 2, but they were definitely an uncontested 1 seed. i'm just glad we gave them a good game everytime, even though i wish we could have won once or twice.... :rolleyes:

lcsoccer play your game and no one on that field will stop u...set the tone...dont overlook anyone which im sure yall wont...bring back a title...and what it sounds like if they score they are gonna pull a sweetwater of 2002 on u...so dont let that happen..i see a rematch of cak vs lc in the finals...peace good luck lcsoccer...

LC, Make your team play as a team again, you got into a losing rut, ALL trying to do it on your own...Now remember YOU can't be the only playmaker and person willing to giove it up . It is a team effort, and that will get you back to ytour winning ways, and if someone wants to keep the ball, get them all to agree that if your yelling, you aren't picking , you just want Lenoir City to win.... You and the boys can do it!!!

i'm wondering why you would think they wouldn't get out of districts....it'd be hard for them NOT to. they are definitely one of the top 2 teams no matter who is first or second, be it us, page, zion, whoever. if page is 1, they are 2 and vice versa. this year, though, we were 2, but they were definitely an uncontested 1 seed. i'm just glad we gave them a good game everytime, even though i wish we could have won once or twice.... :D

Ive played and grown up with most of the CA players, and at the beginning of the year I didn't think they had the talent of the past. They have proved me wrong. Good luck CA...