Spring Fling

MCjenis22

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I personally have no problem driving to Memphis every 3rd year. I think there should be a rotation. One year in Chattanooga, the next in Murfreesboro, and the next in Memphis? Why not do it like College Football where they rotate the national championship each year. I would love to have it in Chattanoog every year, but I also understand it can be hard on certain schools to get here and stay here. Just mix it up every year.

Now one thing that I like about Chattanooga's Spring Fling is that they host a much better quality tournament than Memphis. Despite the money argument and MEmphis being a bigger city, Chattanooga has much nicer facilities overall. Memphis might have one or two bigtime nice facilities, but overall Chattanooga puts on a much better tournament. THey've got Frost Sadium, Finley Stadium, Historic Engel Stadium, and BellSouth Park. Add to that Baylor, GPS, Chattanooga State, LEe University, Cleveland STate, and you've got a dang goog lineup of fields!

Wow thats alot of money but i still think Spring Fling should be moved to Chatt Town the facilitys are there (Finnley Stadium) and its good location for everyone (its not in the conrner of the state like memphis).

You want to look at a map and come back to me again with the "it's not a corner" line? Sure, it's not the immediate southeast corner, but it's close enough.

You know, I personally have no problem driving to Memphis every 3rd year. I think there should be a rotation. One year in Chattanooga, the next in Murfreesboro, and the next in Memphis? Why not do it like College Football where they rotate the national championship each year. I would love to have it in Chattanoog every year, but I also understand it can be hard on certain schools to get here and stay here. Just mix it up every year.

Now one thing that I like about Chattanooga's Spring Fling is that they host a much better quality tournament than Memphis. Despite the money argument and MEmphis being a bigger city, Chattanooga has much nicer facilities overall. Memphis might have one or two bigtime nice facilities, but overall Chattanooga puts on a much better tournament. THey've got Frost Sadium, Finley Stadium, Historic Engel Stadium, and BellSouth Park. Add to that Baylor, GPS, Chattanooga State, LEe University, Cleveland STate, and you've got a dang goog lineup of fields!

Well, the problem with rotating is in the hosting side of it. If you wait two years between, a lot of the people lining up volunteers and doing the general administration of things will have changed. Aside from that, I don't think rotating is a bad idea.

Soccer facility for spring fling is the BEST facility in the state bar none. only activities scheduled for southaven is women's softball. baseball is being played at facilities that chattanooga,nashville and knoxville can only dream of. championship games in each classification will be at autozone park-home of AAA memphis redbirds. this minor league park has been VOTED the best minor league facility in all of baseball. all championships should be rotated to each section of the state so no home field advantage will be present every year. memphis does deserve to host spring fling and too bad east tennessee teams have to travel-second year that has occurred,west tenn teams did it for eight years. chattanooga's facilities cannot compare to Memphis. spring fling also coincides with FedEX st jude golf tournament. in chattanooga high light of night is when street lights are turned off.

most of the spring fling is being played in shelby county(ouside of memphis proper) and at private schools. collierville and germantown are two of the richest towns in tennessee. most FEDEX(people in middle/east tenn heard of this company) live in the two towns. FEDEX is the largest private employer in the state. anyone that thinks chattanooga's facilities are better than memphis' is smoking something funny. rose soccer complex is first rate and there is an abundance of grass. they have 14 fields.

mike rose is the best idea of a soccer complex in the state but the execution is lacking. after being there for club state, high school state, odp sub-regionals and club regions i have been thinking of getting a condo over there. when the fields are in good shape they are some of the best. why play on the crappy fields hwen you have so many to choose from.last year both there were some fields in really good shape. not the ones that were played on though.hs still does not get the respect that the git and mit get. oh well. as to location take a compass and put it on memphis and bristol and see where they cross. hit the lottery and build a complex.

I only got to see the semifinals and finals last year. The field that A/AA played on, I believe it was CCS/LC was half dirt in the middle of the field. Bair dirt not even some grass. The keepers were also standing in dirt. You are correct, they all didn't look like this but why play a game on this field. This is the state championship semifinal and the teams are playing on dirt. Give them some priority and play on one of the nicer fields.

Also, there is no where to sit. I felt like I was at my daughters rec game not a state championship tournament.

With the millions of dollars that come in each year from tournaments, pay an electrition to wire the scoreboards.

Those are my main issues. We will see what things look like this year.

Oh I though of another thing, get ball boys that know what they are doing. I saw one that was sleeping under a scoreboard during a DII game. (at least he had no chance of getting electricuted) :) sorry I couldn't resist.

Got news for you, Chattanooga's in a corner of the state too. Don't forget that.

Nah, you're kidding! I'm quite familiar with the geography of Tennessee. Try this, calculate the distance from Memphis to Chattanooga, then do the same for Tri-Cities to Memphis. I believe you will discover that the distance from the NW corner of the State to the SW corner is significantly farther than from anywhere in the State to Chattanooga.