Div II Bracket

takeiteasy

anyone who thinks division 2 east is strong is smoking wacky tobaccy. west is by far the toughest. last year CBHS and MUS played for championship and it is REAL good chance CBHS will play ECS/MUS winner in final. webb and catholic are good east squads but would not be on playoffs if they played in west.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my picks:

1st round

Christian Brothers over USN

Father Ryan over Knox Catholic

Webb over MUS

BGA over ECS

2nd Round

Christian Brothers over Ryan

BGA over Webb

3rd Round

BGA over Christian Brothers

nick, I've enjoyed your posts all season, but for heaven's sake, don't try a career in sports gambling or fortune telling.

my picks:

1st round

Christian Brothers over USN

Father Ryan over Knox Catholic

Webb over MUS

BGA over ECS

2nd Round

Christian Brothers over Ryan

BGA over Webb

3rd Round

BGA over Christian Brothers

nick, I've enjoyed your posts all season, but for heaven's sake, don't try a career in sports gambling or fortune telling.

Who didn't predict BGA-CBHS in the finals?

It's a little hard to call him a moron when he predicted what, quite frankly, was expected to happen coming into the tournament. Upsets happen, that's the beauty of the playoffs.

Never said nor intended to imply that anyone was a moron. Just responding to a good, regular poster. No offense was intended and I hope none was taken by nick. Finally, not everyone thought it would be a CBHS v. BGA final. I do think USN v. CBHS was an upset. I don't think the rest of the results were.

CHSkingfish places posts consistent with his school's reputation - classless.

Hoya75 you think ECS beating BGA was not an upset? How do you define upset when BGA was 14-2 while running over everyone including ECS. By the way ECS is not a better team than BGA, they had a better day unfortunately.

As far as BGA being the better team maybe so. Talent wise that is. But there is more than talent that has to go out on the field. First of all mental preparation is very important. Maybe ECS was better mentally prepared. Team chemistry is another important factor. Im sure BGA was hurt by Walton not playing. Look at all the big name teams that have been eliminated, Brentwood,FRA, Hendersonville, BGA, CBHS Perhaps they took their opponent too lightly. If that is the case then I believe these teams were not mentally prepared. When it comes to the state tournament no opponent should be taken lightly. Look at Farragut. They realize everyone is picking them to win the championship. But they realize nobody is just going to hand them the trophy. They have gone out and crushed a very good McMinn Co. team 7-3 and followed that up with a 5-0 win over Houston. Remember CBHS defeated Farragut during the season but in crunch time you can see what schools step it up. Hopefully Oak Ridge will play Farragut the way they did the first time they played and not the second. Congrats to everyone.

Excuse me, but Kingfish doesn't speak for the rest of us from CBHS. While you may think we're classless, it might be of interest to you to know that the majority of us have more class than the folks from almost anywhere else in the state.

i would not go so far as to label the entire team as classless, but from what i saw in my one encounter with them this season, the label fits the majority of them. they were cursing the refs, each others, their coach, myself and my teammates. after one of our players went down after questionably dirty contact, the offending player was instructed by one of the forwards to "get him in the face next time" to which the player responded in the affirmative (i do not remember exactly how). this poor behavior, not any sense of fear, i think, is the main reason that in the quarterfinals against usn, the field was lined with a crowd hostile to the Brothers, and i hope that someday Brothers will be both classy and skillful. no offense meant to daley if you are one of the few class acts on that team, and really think about whether you believe that your team behaves in any manner other than atrociously on the field. they may be great kids off of it...but on it they're out of control