WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Strang from Baylor may give him a little trouble in the 3200 and 1600, but not enough to tire him out where he can't win the 800. Strang will be dead come 800 time, so I say Bumbi takes all 3 events becoming the 2nd person in D2 and third in the history of TN to triple in the distance events (others were David Dean of M.B.A. in 1999 and Dusty Miller of Knox. West in 2003). He will get to do it two years in a row though!

Edited by Runthe800

I wish those four who said no would tell us why

The only way I can see him not doing it is if he goes for a 4:05 or something crazy in the mile- then one of his BA teammates might beat him in the 800, but Strang will be just as tired as Bumbi after the 3200 and 1600.

Wow, I didnt realize that only 2 had ever done it- Austin Weaver was so close in 2001- (<1 second away in the 800m)

The only way I can see him not doing it is if he goes for a 4:05 or something crazy in the mile- then one of his BA teammates might beat him in the 800, but Strang will be just as tired as Bumbi after the 3200 and 1600.

I agree, he can definitely triple, unless he tries to break the records in the 3200 and 1600. Even if he did that he could probably still double, but i think he would be very tired come the 800.

Edited by fastkid101010

For what it's worth, I think he'll triple. He'll run a 4:09 1600, a 9:04 3200, and a 1:54 800.

Those are exactly what Ive predicted except that I dont think he'll run 9:04. I think a slightly slower time will still win, and since he already has that state record (8:45) he will just relax and go for the mile record...

Don't underestimate Mr. Strang. If Townsend runs a great 1600, Strang might back off and save his energy for the 800. Strang's been against Bumbi many times and I'm betting there is a lot of strategy going on at both Baylor and BA. Should be three real exciting runs to watch. Being from the Chattanooga area, I hope Strang pull through in at least one event. He deserves way more credit than a lot of you are giving him. Interesting enough, if there were no "Bumbi", you all might be talking about whether Strang could triple or not.

How can you disrespect one of only 2 runners under 15 at state CC this year and the top TN footlocker regionals finisher?

Unfortunately for Strang, the other under 15 was 13 seconds ahead of him and then came back and beat him at footlocker nationals.

Strang is indeed a national caliber runner. Its unfortunate for him that he has to share the limelight with bumbi.

I respect Strang a whole lot, although Id probably respect him more if I knew him and if saw him run as much I see Bumbi run. But the fact is, I dont know him or see him a lot, so I have to go by times. And the times say that Strang is a great runner (Colorado is one heckuva a running school) but Bumbi is better, and I think hes enough better to win 3 events Friday- Strang or no Strang...

Edited by coasterboarder