Teams to watch out for in 2005

JohnnyStrikeout

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JohnnyK - I love your enthusiasm for your team, and yes, the outlook is bright for Halls next year. But let's be realistic this year. Farragut still has to beat (again) another strong Munford team ... arguably the second best team in the tournament. It will and will still be able to come back and handle Halls, hopefully they won't be too overconfident having pasted them in the past both at Halls and at Farragut. Halls will have lots of enthusiasm and hopefully will be there for the Admirals.

You want folks to agree with you that Halls will be here again next year? Some will but I bet you hear Kingsport DB, So Doyle, Science Hill, Oakland, Riverdale, Houston, Munford, Colliersville, and Germantown more. These last 5 or 6 teams have built a tradition of competing at the state level and year in and out they are usually here. Best examples are Oakland and Farragut. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but Admirals were runners up in 98, 99, 01, 02, champs in 03, and a strong candidate for 04 champs. (Still were region champs in 00.) Somehow I get the feeling you're gonna see them again next year as you suggest ... they have a tradition of excellence.

It's always amusing to hear fans state "wait til next year". It usually means they lost this year.

Enjoy this tournament - Halls has gone way beyond their (and obviously your)wildest dreams - Polston deserves Coach of the Year no matter what happens from now on.

In 2005 I can think of 3 teams that will be tough.

Of course you always have to watch out for farragut. South Doyle has a lot of young talent coming back although they are losing some big players, they also have McClain coming back. Another team that will be tough next yr is Seymour. Although losing their centerfielder and cather they have 7 out of their 9 starters coming back and their entire pitching staff. Watch out for these teams next year.

Hey folks let's not forget ... did anyone predict Halls, of all teams, being here this year? I can't imagine. It should show you that numerous factors go into getting this far ... and talent is just one. Coaching, fundamentals, dedication, LUCK, practice, enthusiasm, motivation, selflessness, etc. You never know ... on any given day when a kid has is best stuff he could be unbeatable ... any kid. It's what makes high school ball at any level great! I'd like to think Halls has set a great example for other teams next year.