Knoxville Halls vs. Farragut for AAA State Champ

HiwasseeVol

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's been fun coming home after a home or away game and seeing what you all had to say about us and other teams...we never got to much credit but it seems like we're getting it now....thank you all for the support.

ill tell you all the truth i didnt imagine that we would be in the champ game....i knew that we had the ability(minus some defense) but i didnt think we had the mind set. Polston sat us down and had a talk with us a few games before district tourny and everything turned around. i planned early in the year for my senior trip to be this week after our loss to Camp Co but ive had so much fun and there is nothing more exciting than playing for a state tital against a cross town rival at a great ballpark.

its been a blast and as a senior thanks for all the memories to all who have supported and even to the ones that put us down. im out

B-DuB #12

Congratulations on a great season, Brandon. (I was the PA announcer at Gagliano, if you couldn't guess)

You guys did everything you had to do to win except face somebody other than Farragut and Waldrop. Larsen was great, he matched Waldrop pretty much pitch for pitch, but Farragut's just a better hitting team. Halls will be awfully tough next year, I'm sure the Halls-Farragut matchups will be intense next year too.

I'm glad we had a chance to let 8 teams experience AutoZone Park.

you have only seen him one game (if any) and this is his first year starting... ask anyone in the district... he was just as hard to hit as kyle was...

I realize that, and he was excellent in his one game. But to say that a guy could easily be better than somebody who gave up 2 ER all year is a huge statement.

Opperman- I just have to jump in on this one... You must be picking over the word "easily"!? Statement has seen every game each of these guys has pitched for the last two years and he's giving his opinion. You saw Kyle once and Rob once and each pitched very well. I personally think Rob would have done just as well against Halls and the outcome would have been the same.

Don't get me wrong ... I've known Kyle since he was five and he's a phenomanal athlete and an even finer young man. I don't in any way intend to detract from his success. However, Catapano has a great deal of potential and should be able to approach Kyle's performances at the rate he is going. If you check season stats, they're quite comparable now! Maybe it is a big statement, but those of us that know and respect both of these pitchers honestly feel that Rob is quite capable of putting up "Kyle-like" numbers on the mound.