What do you think about Brentwood?

#1inthastate

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They (Clarksville) were 5th at the time but are 9th now due to their post season losses. Hendersonville was another ranked team (who made it to state) that Brentwood played. Franklin was also ranked this year. Brentwood beat them three times so don't get on here and say Brentwood didn't play any ranked teams until you do your research.

.....but they didnt beat a ranked team until the sectionals

i didnt say that brentwood didnt PLAY a ranked team.....i said they didnt BEAT a ranked team.........maybe at some point early in the season franklin was ranked, but that was before the pollsters realized that maybe they werent that good.....they only won 11 of 22 games....mba may have been ranked too, but have since fell from the rankings and brentwood did not beat them......brentwood didnt beat bga....brentwood didnt beat grissom......brentwood didnt beat hendersonville.....brentwood didnt beat oak ridge.....that was what i was saying.

In answer to the original question, I think that Brentwood is a very nice little town. We stopped there Sunday on our way back to Oak Ridge and ate at Vittles. We had a great meal. On a more serious note, Brentwood should be very proud of the season they had. I do not think that there was a team in the state that could challenge Farragut in Memphis. They had definately peaked. Good luck to Brentwood next year.

I'm sure Brentwood has a nice little soccer program over there, but they couldnt have beaten Farragut for the State Championship. First because THEY LOST TO OAK RIDGE. Brentwood didn't even get to the big game. Lets not forget Oak Ridge, who beat Brentwood, went on to lose to Farragut 5-0, thus having a record of 0 wins and 3 loses to the Admirals over the season, only scoring 1 goal in the three games to the Admiral's 16 goals. Second, Farragut's defense was amazing. Britcher #22 and Vukoder #26 and the other defenders were impossible to break through. Farragut's defense so was good other teams couldn't even get clean shots on goal more than two or three times a game. The only time Farragut was scored upon in the tournament was due to the coach subbing in the freshmen at key positions too early in the second half. And Third, Doyle #13 owns the soccer field every game he plays. Whether its kicking field goals in football games or scoring goals in soccer games, the kid comes through when you need him to. Sorry but no one could have beaten Farragut.