Red Rebel Breakfast Club

rebel1978

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelron does qb#7 know how legendary Gordy was in the training room?

Tom142, of course, but an old Alcoa alum, aka Rebelsman, prefers "Mairvul." By the way Tom142 when is Alcoa going to bring back George Williams to do the color on the AHS football replays. George added a lot to the broadcasts. Player nicknames like "Jumpin Jerome, Jamel The Jet, David The Toe, Daniel The Hitman" etc. all had to fire up all the AHS fans.

Rebelron, I remember George called Mairvul that "little school across Pistol Creek."

Git Hit Dunn.

825 Lawrence.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

STARS

I have to say that George Williams was entertaining. Who will ever forget him saying "T T T Tornado Touchdown Time"

My favorite one is when Alcoa beat Goodpasture to make it to Murfreesboro in 2000. I will never forget George saying #Excuse me Fred while I step outside and say T T T Tornado Touchdown Time" "Jonathon The Magnificent Mechendorf" This was after Jonathon Mechendorf scored the Clinching TD in the win over Goodpasture.

George's nicknames were classic. Here were a few of them

James Rainer. The fastest man in Tennessee

Jerome Robinson. Jumpin Jerome

Jonathon Mechendorf. Jonathon the Magnificent

David Hill. David The Toe Hill

Gregory Martin. Gregory "Momma gotta get me a quarterback" Martin

Jamel Sankey. Jamel the Jet

Shannon Williams. The biggest little tackle

Daniel Pierce. Dan the Hitman

Michael George. Michael the Magician

STARS. George Williams done a good job but no one came close to our good buddy Bob Garland.Bob was a legend on the TV and on the airwaves. Bob was a good one and I miss him. I guarantee you if Bob was still alive he would be on this board all the time. Bob was as much of an Alcoa fan as we are a Maryville fan.

Another announcing legend was Dick Abbott.

Edited by REBELRON

The Red Rebel Supper Club may go low carb.

Evidently when Rebel '78 tried recently to put on the old high school jersey he ran into a few difficulties. After rounding up a few come-a-longs, a can of Slick 50, a backhoe from Maryville Public Works Dept, and a log chain, '78 eventually slipped into old number #7.

Word has it '78 threw a few passes to the delight of the Front Street crowd. Duck season had opened early. QB#3.5 said he now understood why the old man was always DB#7.

825 Lawrence.

Go Rebs.

not to sound defensive about my passing ability , but i was throwing left handed . the jersey was so tight that i could not throw with my right hand. the numbers on the jersey have gotten wider also. its funny what 26 years can do to a jersey. qb#3.5 and rebelron said the jersey looked like the jerseys the lineman wear in the pros. tight all over , i said thats how it looked on me 26 years ago, mrs. rebel78 chimed in , yeabut 26 years ago you had shoulder pads and rib protectors on. still working on her training , you know how them William Blount grads are , hard to train sometimes, i have put jersey away for now but plan to wear it to nashville in dec to watch the rebels win another state championship, that is if the low carb diet pans out and i can lose the 30lbs. needed to get the jersey back on without tearing up. go rebels

Rebelron, Rebel '78 will have to go a long ways to become a Springfield Road legend. However, a little Nacho Cheese from John Sevier Pool at 5:00 AM in the morning could get him off to a good start.

Speaking of pools, has the Red Rebel Swim Club re-opened since the unexpected closing to the Kittrell Street location last week? You may want to check Stevenson's Tire to get a good tar patch.

Go Rebs.

825 Larry Ave.

Git Hit Dunn.

Edited by STARSNBARS

STARS and fellow Rebel fans.

Rebel78 is playing golf with qb#7 and other William Blount coaches. Mrs Rebel78 is a William Blount graduate. Could she be turning Rebel78 into a Governor fan? Maybe we should be calling Rebel78 Gov78. :D

Could Rebel78 be turning into a turncoat? :D

Edited by REBELRON