How is Lincoln County looking?

BigWesHall

Oakland 2001 I did measure who LC was playing and I have been around the sytem for years. THis team has potential to be very dangerous.  They are improving each day and that's a good sign.  This team has all the weapons but a QB and I think the younger one will win the battle because he's an athlete and he may fit this system better.

825300152[/snapback]

i think the falcons would be better off lettin ellis play as our QB just to let him get the experience for next year and the year after. fraley is a senior and is a great baseball player but as far as QBing goes i would start looking to build for the future of the program.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gregory is something else on the ground. Lincoln County was good last year, but I don't think they were as great as everyone made them out to be. They dominated their region, but they should have. Riverdale and Franklin- they didn't dominate those two. The playoffs showed that having a weak schedule doesn't help. Not that they could help that, the region was very weak last year and they had to play it... but I think it just made them look better than they were.

825285729[/snapback]

Rebel you disappoint me very much, last year, after L.C. beat a very excellent Franklin team, you were on here saying how good the falcons were. If you recall, we also beat an excellent Riverdale team at Murfreesboro for their first home loss in the their new stadium. So, best that I can remember Franklin made it all the way to the semi's, and Riverdale to the state championship game, that's two good football teams, so don't imply that we were overrated. You just don't go out and blow out good teams, and both those were very good teams, and L.C. beat both.

As far as the schedule, yes it was probably weak in the region last year, and I will be the first one to say that that did hurts us a great deal but, you have to play who they schedule you, but we have nothing to do with that, but our non-region games were Riverdale, there, Oakland, there, Blackman at home, Franklin at home and Chatt. Howard at home, now with the exception on Howard, the rest of those teams are year in year out good solid programs.

As far as this year, we will be very young, with around 58 players dressed out, 30 are sophmores, and we are very inexperienced in several key positions, and how the players that fill those positions react, and whether they step up or not, will determine how good a season that we have.

We have some returning players that will have to really have to turn it up a notch to have a good season that's for sure. By the middle and toward the end of the season we should be better as some of the younger players get that much needed experience, but it will be tough starting off that's for sure.

Guest Oakland

sounds like it should be a good game bewteen oakland and lincoln co this year, the description of the falcons is bout the same of the patriots, have 48 players with 33 sophmores

sounds like it should be a good game bewteen oakland and lincoln co this year, the description of the falcons is bout the same of the patriots, have 48 players with 33 sophmores

825301541[/snapback]

wish i could be there 4 that game but i'm going 2 school now in louisiana and won't be back til thanksgiving. if you go be sure to give me a full report (not too biased towards oakland plz lol)

The Qb. situation got a little better Friday night when L.C. scrimmaged Dickson County,(L.C. 21 D.C. 14) starter Gus Fraley went 5 of 6 with 1td. and 1 int. for 161 yards. Gus looked much better and more comfortable running the offense than in the scrimmages before.

I have seen where there have been people on here running him down and saying that he shouldn't be the qb. but, he looked much improved last night. Just give the kid a chance, he will not make anyone forget Micheal Edmiston, that's for sure, but he looked much more confident and in control last night. As for Brince Ellis, his time will come that's for sure, he is only a soph. and he will learn a lot in the next few weeks. If we continue to improve in the coming weeks we will be pretty decent by the end of the year. After attending the L.C. middle school/Ninth grade Academy/ Fayetteville City Jr. High jamboree tonight, there are also several good young althete's coming up in the next few years that's for sure.