Lamon Williams....

DBIndian99

I played for Coach Clark in the mid 80's (he was my position coach when Wilson was still Head Coach). Coach Clark is an outstanding coach and a great man. I am not familiar with the Williams situation. Coach Clark will do the right thing for this young man AND for the rest of the team. Coach is tough but fair. He's not bringing Williams back because he wants to win games (he could do that with a bunch of 7th graders suited up). He's doing it because he cares about this kid and he thinks Lamon, as well as the rest of his teammates, will benefit from his return.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are these people raging on williams for his play or the things he has supposedly done.

I know a coach a DB who told me he was a problem. Him being a team asset and a great athelete, has nothing to do with him as a person.

825300022[/snapback]

Maybe you should get all "spoon-fed" kids that are not any problem to deal with. Oops!!! There are none. All kids have and go through problems. Some more severe than others. I honestly wish that I would have played football for Wilson/Clark. They do more than coach games. They also teach life lessons, something that is missing from a lot of coaches today. In order to teach life lessons and hopefully have kids that grow to be "productive" adults, you can not shut them out for mistakes they make. Sure! For those of you who dream about the perfect world and have "PLEASANTVILLE KIDS" it is easy to say that a kid is a problem and needs to be cast out of society's mainstream. I said before that a "kid is only a mere product of his/her environment." Who he is surrounded by will tell a lot about what kind of success he will have as an adult.

One last note: This kid is not the only kid that is going through problems, even on DB's team as well as ANY TEAM and ANY SPORT, so stop acting like he is the only one with problems.

:ph34r: