Division II A

scout65

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Div 11 A Tipton Rosemark got a new coach this year from North Carolina. He is very excited and bringing lots of enthusiam. Rosemark did not loose very many from last year and we are expected to be a contender this year. I think we will be. We have the leading passer for all of Shelby county in any division. Drew Hanks is his name and he is a senior this year. We have Trey Gish, Joe McDaniel Carey Porter, David Hampton, Michael Eubanks, John Evan McPherson . These are some names that will show up again and again I am sure. Had an 8 - 3 season last year.

Memphis Catholic was not much of a force last year. Neither was FACS but they say they have a lot this year. Don't know unless they got new players transferred in. St Andrews was surely not a force so I don't know about them unless they got a whole lot better. SBEC was good and Bishop Byrne was good but they both lost lots of their outstanding talented players this last year as seniors. A lot of people will have to step up bigtime for them to do any repeats.

ubankit: What is the average size lineman at Rosemark? The team we had last year wasn't expected to do very well. It was a down year for our program. But since you have the impression that you and the rest of the Rosemark Rebels are gonna win state, you can just talk all you want on here. We will just see when you come to our field.

Since neither of you seem to know much - Jeff McFerran took a job in the secular world - not coaching anywhere any more. That is why we have a new coach. And yes Rosemark is right around the corner from Bolton HighSchool and in Tennessee. SBEC is not in Tennessee for your information but they do play in the TSSAA league due to being right on the Tennessee Mississippi line. And FACS I hope that you do have a better team this year - we welcome the competition and certainly look forward to it. And for our line - our tallest guy is a 6' 5" fellow - weighs about 225 and our largest guy is about 290, 5' 11" or maybe 6' and the average guy is about 6' 1" and would weigh around 250. We have one player who holds the title for THE STATE of Tennessee for weight lifting. We have speed, we have a great quarterback - I think we got a good team this year and one that can and will go to state playoffs. Hope to see ya there!