Lawrence County Wildcats

Wildcat79

10 points in 3 different games was all that kept Lawrence County from the playoffs last year. They are looking really strong in pre-season practices. Alot of returning starters on the Wildcat defense, including 5'11", 195 lb. Adam Cozart, a 3rd year starter at middle linebacker. They had a great spring scrimmage with Tullahoma and dominated on both sides of the ball. They have a new quarterback in 6'5",190 lb. Franklin Hughes who is showing alot of skills that will help Lawrence County be a major competitor in Region 5-4A in 2004. They are not short of recievers either. They have an outstanding recieving duo of 6'0",185 lb Phillip Gowen and 6'4", 180 lb. Garrett Hughes, who both have showed tremendous talent this pre-season. These things and alot more weapons for Lawrence County will for sure lead them to having a top season for 2004, and most likely leading them to the playoffs.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Kit Hartsfield is a great player, with great ability. Most everyone was sad to see him leave. But the team did not let it affect them at all. I hope Kit has a great season, but I am sure that his leaving will not affect the Wildcats at all. I know for a fact that they will still have the same heart, and want to win just as bad now as they did with him. They have adjusted, and brought new players in to fill his spot, which did not take much time at all.

Edited by Wildcat79

Your right Lawrence Co. has quite a bit of talent coming back, despite the fact they lost 16 seniors, but your right Lawrence co. comes out strong wit 2 key players that really set the tone of this defense, Adam Cozart a 3rd year starter has really looked good in practice and in the spring scrimmage he also starts FB and likes to rumble a lot, another threat that Quarterbacks are gonna turn over in there sleep about is.. big Adam Thompson at 6'5" 315lbs he is a big guy but thats not all, he posted 17 tackles and 5 sacks in the spring scrimmage against Tullahoma. He looks to impress some people this year. there defense has many athletes that ive saw in practice, they look to have a lot more speed and power then last year. There offense will be interesting they have 2 speed rbs and have a workhorse Fb, the offensive line is young but smart and can do their jobs. The QB has recievers that he can connect with using his strong arm, and has plenty of mobility. As a fan of Lawrence co., i think finally this could be the year that they make it to the playoffs, Take care of business First.

Go Cats I'll be Watching

Was it just me or did it not make you all feel a little strange to see the schedule and not find the Cowbell Game at the top of the schedule? I'm sure it won't take away from the rivalry, but it just seems strange.

Good Luck Cats, I'll be pulling for you (except when you play the Mustangs). B)

I hope my old hometown team does well. I played there 71-74 (thus my screen name 82cat) but have been in Smyrna for several years. I always keep up with how they are doing. The good thing is Smyrna is purple and gold so my son playing now gets to play with the best colors!

Are they still some Hartsfields playing? Ronnie was a freshman when I was a senior (he and a few others played varsity)

L,burg seems to cycle through a few down years and then has a good spell so maybe they are due.

yeah it its weird that the cowbell game isnt the first game but, its becuz they always play them on week 1 this year they are startin early and playing on week 0, but i think lawrence county will be really good as long as they can keep starters on the field... but they have a lot of tough players some players just wont let injury keep them off the field. Look for them to be a top 4 contender, and yeah they start wit Columbia 2 weeks from Friday (august 6th) so all LCHS fans come watch and support them... today they are scrimmaging Lewis co. im going to watch them play at 4pm.

Kit was good, but they have got so much depth that they got his spot filled now.

Go Cats

Yeah, that makes sense being that Riverdale has over 2,000 people enrolled. Lawrence County having just over 1,000. But enough about Riverdale, this is a Lawrence County post. Lawrence County scrimmaged Lewis County tonight with a passing league before the game. Lawrence County did really good. I believe everyone's doubts of how well the Wildcats will perform this year are gone.

lawrence county scrimmaged Lewis County and

"I believe everyones doubts of how well the wildcats will perform this year are gone"

??????????

I would like to see my old hometown do well but basing that on scrimmaging Lewis County??

Now when LC beats Hillsboro in the regular season then that would be a time for doubts to be gone.

I'm glad to see the enthusiasm down there all my family still lives there but relax and don't get the cart before the horse.