Scrimmage: McMinn co. v.s Rhea Co

TribeGuy22

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the scrimmage and both teams need work.....but thats what a scrimmage is for. I dont know who is who on McMinn's 1st or 2nd teams but I do know that the touchdown that McMinn scored was on Rhea's 2nd unit defense. Rhea's No 1 defense didnt give up much to McMinn the whole night and aside from Rhea's first series or two the McMinn defense seemed to have Rhea's offense out of rythm. I was impressed with Rhea's 1st team defense but the offense needs to work on consistency which will develop in the coming weeks. Both teams had their share of dropped passes and mental errors but again this is a early scrimmage. McMinn has good size and some impressive athletes and their offensive line will come around (they had problems with the Rhea blitz and a few of their shotgun snaps). It know this won't happen but it would be nice to see these two teams play for real a couple of months from now......ahhh wishful thinking.... Both teams are well coached and both should have strong seasons.

Rhea County scrimmages @ Baylor Tuesday(8/10) at 5:30 PM thumb

I was not able to attend the scrimmage due to a working conflict. From what I've heard McMinn's O-Line was their biggest concern. I am just hoping that Calvin Smith will finally step things up this year. I'm not trying to put the kid down, but honestly speaking he hasn't played up to his potential and hasn't taken advantage of his size yet. Part of the problem is his calm demeanor. He is going to have to step things up this year and lead the line like he is should be doing. As for the rest of the line, they are young and should improve. The only problem is do they have enough time to improve? With Cumberland County, one of the most physical teams we play this year, those guys are going to be put up to the test.