Monroe County

Spitfireblitz82

I was at the Sweetwater / Catholic game and I cant tell ya the score because both teams scored so many times I lost count. But I can tell you that Sweetwater did score the last 6 touchdowns. Sweetwater should be able to score loads of points this season, but can we stop the other team ?? if so, it should be a great year in wildcat country. I heard that Sequoyah lost 16-13 to Rockwood. I do hope all Monroe County teams have a great year.

Yeah, the Sweetwater/Catholic scrimmage was a track meet...or a display of two terrible defenses. Probably a mixture of both, but as expected Sweetwater will be devestating on the ground and Mason, who has really filled out and looks impressive at quarterback, could do some damage through the air.

At Sequoyah, Rockwood started the scrimmage with a 70-yard scoring drive and Sequoyah answered with one of their own. Rockwood came right back with a big play to score then both defenses settled down. Rockwood hit a 30-yard field goal and the Chiefs sustained a drive to score late.

As for Tellico Plains and Greenback, the young man who was covering that for me...declined to meet deadline and I haven't been able to get hold of coach Puryear yet to get some information. :unsure:

I appreciate that very much. It was such a tough decision and hopefully the newspaper staff has learned a lesson. I think they have...and some exciting changes will be taking place. You all may finally get some sports pages down there...after me beating my head against the wall and fighting with them weekly about that.

I have a feeling, after a very very strong recommendation by me, they are going to bring Tinker back. Although he writes a novel-like stories :D the man is a workhorse. I just couldn't justify to my family working the hours they wanted me to work for the pay they were giving. Tink man lives there local and will do an amazing job for you guys.

I will be around and when I do I expect a microphone!! :D

we are really going to miss you here in monroe county tank. thanks for all you wrote and for supporting the kids here in the county. want you to know that you are always welcome in the broadcast booth at sweetwater games. take care !! :D

825299874[/snapback]

I appreciate that very much. It was such a tough decision and hopefully the newspaper staff has learned a lesson. I think they have...and some exciting changes will be taking place. You all may finally get some sports pages down there...after me beating my head against the wall and fighting with them weekly about that.

I have a feeling, after a very very strong recommendation by me, they are going to bring Tinker back. Although he writes a novel-like stories  :D  the man is a workhorse. I just couldn't justify to my family working the hours they wanted me to work for the pay they were giving. Tink man lives there local and will do an amazing job for you guys.

I will be around and when I do I expect a microphone!!  :D

825299912[/snapback]

Hey tank sorry to hear your leaving.....so are you pretty sure they are bringing back tink?

Yeah, for some reason they really fought it, but I am pretty sure they are going to let him come back. A few applied, but none with any real experience. To me, it seems like a perfect fit. He is a Monroe County fella, knows everyone and the sports readers love him to death. He is coming back in again this week to speak with them, but if I was a betting man, I would lay money that he will eventually get it.

I wish they wouldn't drag their feet though, with the season already here.

Hey tank sorry to hear your leaving.....so are you pretty sure they are bringing back tink?

825300051[/snapback]

Well thats good yeah he is a hoss in the news room he covered every single game back when i played little league football and i mean he covered almost everything and i know that bout killed him lol....yeah we love him to death. well man i hope you have a good year where ever you go. despite our tiffs and tats i wish you luck

I appreciate it...and I wish you the best as well.

Well thats good yeah he is a hoss in the news room he covered every single game back when i played little league football and i mean he covered almost everything and i know that bout killed him lol....yeah we love him to death. well man i hope you have a good year where ever you go. despite our tiffs and tats i wish you luck

825300057[/snapback]