Beechboard to FHU

TheBoredGuy

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were ever around Coach Moore, you would realize that everything you are saying is not true. We have gone on road trips with the team and have had a few friends on the team. All of the players comment on how much fun they have on the basketball team. When they went to Colorado a couple of years ago, he took them skiing even though there was a risk that they could get hurt. He said he wanted to make sure they had fun. On the court, you can't tell much about a person, but when you are around them off the court, you will notice that he is a really great person.

If you were ever around Coach Moore, you would realize that everything you are saying is not true.  We have gone on road trips with the team and have had a few friends on the team.  All of the players comment on how much fun they have on the basketball team.  When they went to Colorado a couple of years ago, he took them skiing even though there was a risk that they could get hurt.  He said he wanted to make sure they had fun.  On the court, you can't tell much about a person, but when you are around them off the court, you will notice that he is a really great person.

825315138[/snapback]

I have been around both Coach Neal and Coach Moore in various situations. They are obviously excellent basketball coaches who are probably way too underrated. They are also good people with the best interests of their players and programs at heart.

Coach Moore was obviously disappointed that KB decided not to continue her career at UTC. If he (or she) thinks that the ball played at F-HU's level is a cakewalk, he has another think coming! It is excellent basketball, probably a lot better than most people think. I'm not saying F-HU could beat UTC 7 of 10, but they could compete with them IMHO. I'll put it this way, I bet Coach Moore would not like to schedule the Lady Lions any time soon!

Coach Wes Moore has built a powerhouse at Chattanooga. He did it with integrity, class and hard work. Everyone knows when you recruit players and spend your resources to do so you want every player who signs on the dotted line to honor their commitments. It costs time and money to recruit and when your budget is not as deep as that of Tennessee and Vanderbilt you treasure every person who agrees verbally and contractually to come to your institution. For any player at the last minute to back out is frustrating and hurtful. On many levels its a rejection and at times its hard to understand. FHU is a fine institution I will not say anything negative about them but for anyone to say anything negative about Chattanooga Lady Mocs Basketball without having a complete understanding of the real situation and a real knowledge of the program which by the way is top notch and is clean then you should say nothing at all.

he can,t keep coaches. That says alot.

This is the least educated comment on this subject. The assistant coaches left because they were recruited away to bigger and better opportunities. In Kelly Harpers case (most likely the reason Katrina backed out) she took a Div I head coaching position and that took another assistant away because her husband went with her.

Wes Moore will continue to see assistant coaches come and go because other schools respect him and they want to hire coaches that will bring some of his magic with them. Look at other successful Div I programs and you will see the same thing.

As for your comment, it would not be assistants leaving that says a lot. The problem would be if he could not replace them. He has a full staff ready to go again.

Of the eight recruits coming in this year, seven are eager to play for Coach Moore and continue the Lady Mocs tradition of winning championships. Only one backed out on her commitment. She has a right to do that, but seven out of eight, that says a lot!

GO MOCS!!!

Edited by ATLMOC

Wes Moore is the Dean Smith of womens basketball in the Southern Conference. No one has been more successful and has done the things he has. His program is one of the top basketball programs in all of basketball among colleges in the state of Tennessee. For anyone to disrespect that is plain wrong. Wes Moore will produce assistant coaches who will go on to other programs to become head coaches and they will shine!