Beechboard to FHU

TheBoredGuy

http://www.fhu.edu/news_events/events_athl...sp?paramjob=512

Katrina Beechboard, the 2004 AA Miss Basketball, will be continuing her basketball career as a Freed-Hardeman Lady Lion. Katrina is a 6’0 forward from Livingston Academy where she played along side Megan Thompson, another Lady Lion signee.

As a senior, Katrina was named AA State Tournament MVP as she helped lead her team to the State Championship. She was named to the All-District, All-Region and All-State Teams. Beechboard played in the TACA East-West All-Star game and was listed on the Blue Star Index of Top 100 Seniors in the nation. Katrina averaged 18.5 points and 9.3 rebounds on her way to scoring 2,104 career points.

“Katrina is a tremendous addition to our squad,” Dale Neal said. “She is a great fit for our aggressive, up-tempo style of play and she will obviously make a huge and immediate impact. She is a quality player with great skill and versatility."

As a junior, Beechboard was named a AA Miss Basketball Finalist, All-State, Upper Cumberland Player of the Year, and District MVP while averaging 19.1 points and 7.9 rebounds. She was also named Street & Smith’s All-American Honorable Mention.

Katrina is the daughter of Kenneth and Carol Beechboard. She recently won the Overton County Fairest of the Fair allowing her to participate in the Miss Tennessee Pageant in January.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read both the Chattanooga paper's article with quotes from Wes Moore - UTC's coach and the Jackson paper's spread on the situation. It is a shame that a college coach is showing his frustration they way he did. I give credit to Beechboard for making a well researched decision on her future. If she didn't like how the UTC program was developing, she has the right to change her mind. But the coach doesn't need to degrade her decision the way he did. You expect coaches to be more mature than the players...but evidently that isn't the case in this situation.

I agree with you. No matter what a coach might believe privately, publically you say, "we hate to lose her, but she made the decision she felt was in her best interest, and we wish her the best of luck wherever she goes."

For a coach to take veiled shots at a player like this is classless. If nothing else, this should prove Katrina made the right decision in leaving UTC.

Edited by TheBoredGuy

I agree with you.  No matter what a coach might believe privately, publically you say, "we hate to lose her, but she made the decision she felt was in her best interest, and we wish her the best of luck wherever she goes."

For a coach to take veiled shots at a player like this is classless.  If nothing else, this should prove Katrina made the right decision in leaving UTC.

825301990[/snapback]

thumb Take your best shot KB. :D

Sportsradio...I know you and I haven't agreed on much, but I agree with you on this. I have never seen a college coach use such a tacky and tastless way to degrade one of the nations top 100 players. I have talked with Katrina and congratulated her on her decision. It's nobodys decision but her own and she made the right on in my opinion. Some of the other smart remarks that was said to Katrina that wasn't in the paper shows the real classiness of Coach Moore. Congratulations once again Katrina and Megan you'll make Freed a top program for NAIA...Good luck and God Bless

I can quarantee you she made the right decision. Coach Moore can win games, Ill give him that. But he has terrible people skills. I have watched him for the past 5 years. He treats his players like crap. Shows no emotion toward his kids. (Its amazing what praising will do!) You will never get that at UTC. If you make it to be a senior, you will get no respect. He had two seniors all conference , all tournament, preseason all tournament , 1 MVP 3 times, 3 conference Championships sitting on the bench! Go fiqure! Just look @ his coaching staff 5 new coaches past 5 years, he can,t keep coaches. That says alot. Beechboard you go girl! And never look back. The view ain't too pretty.

02Wildcat I agree Megan and Katrina will help Freed's program but I believe they along with the others signed and others returning that they will compete for the TOP NAIA program. Winning 60+ games over two years and two years running in the top 5 nationally would show me that Freed is already a top program but now they are reaching even further to the top. Not a bad outlook for a team considering they only lost 2 players and signed an exceptional class.