MP football

stephenzca

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this and I have seen Mt. Pleasant play. Mt. Pleasant is a very talented team, but talent alone doesn't win championships, nor does one winning season as of late. But to compare Mt. Pleasant right now to such strong programs as CPA and Boyd is asinine. BBallfan is not disrespecting Mt. Pleasant, he is just stating that they need to take it one game at a time, which is what they need to do.

Edited by mbraiders

what I was saying is...MP might have a good team. No I have not seen them play. But in 2002, they went 0-10, in 2001..they went 4-6, they have one good season and all of sudden you are supposed to run with schools like CPA, DCA, Ezell, and BBS. i dont think so. but like I said.....take it one game at a time....and ppl....please hold off talk of play-offs until at least week 5. it is just nonsense to speak of them when week 1 has yet to begin.

Goals have to be set high. If you are a coach and you have any kind of team you have to talk about the state championship and set your goals high early in the season. Maybe they can ,maybe they can't ,but they have to have a dream and a plan to make it happen. If they fall short so be it, But many teams will fall to the tigers before it is over and the fans and the town will have something to be proud of and next season to look forward to. As for the privomit schools even if they don't go out and get players,which we all know they do, they have the advantage of no zones to limit where their players come from. How good would your school be if it had no boundries to limit their player base. I don't think the new 1.8 rule will help, look at what happened with cpa and riverdale last night. Well,enough ramblings of a old man. Good luck and go tigers, Can you hear the growl???...

Edited by snowman

what I was saying is...MP might have a good team. No I have not seen them play. But in 2002, they went 0-10, in 2001..they went 4-6, they have one good season and all of sudden you are supposed to run with schools like CPA, DCA, Ezell, and BBS. i dont think so.

Just because two years ago mp didnt have a good team dosent mean that you can hate on them. I mean you are comparing a small public school to private schools who can "recruit" there #1 players. That isnt just luck of the draw. Obvisously the private schools will have good players year in and year out b/c they can pick who the want or NEED, whereas public schools go through cycles where they have good players and a couple years later they dont. :( I think that people dont understand the major difference between public and private. Do you think that the new 1.8 rule will change anything. I think that it will help to an extent.

In know way am I hating on MP. I understand you have to set goals. I went to Gordonsville, a small public school, and we set the same goals every year. First was to to beat Carthage, then win the region, then make it to state. I mean, we beat Boyd in 2001, so it is possible to beat private schools. I was just saying take it one game at a time. I wasnt trying to show hatred towards MP.