Trinity and Lake Co. game

TennesseeGator

Trinity Christian did in fact defeat Lake County by the score of 22 to 7 this evening. TCA recieved the opening kickoff and drove 72 yards on 14 plays with Houston Wells going off tackle for a 6 yard TD run. The opening drive took almost 7:30 and TCA looked sharp. TCA then recovered the ensuing kickoff and added a field goal to make the score 9-0 in the first quarter. Lake County had a nice drive of their own in the second quarter that was capped off by a quarterback sneak at the 9:38 mark of the 2nd qtr which made the score TCA 9, Lake County 7. Later in the second quarter, TCA quarterback Calob Yates threw a touch down pass and the half time score was TCA 15 and Lake County 7.

The third quarter was scoreless and turnovers dominated the second half of play for both teams. Late in the game, TCA's Houston Wells intercepted a Lake County pass and returned it over 70 yards for the final score of the night.

Lake County featured a nice option attack for most of the game until the tailback was injured. TCA made a couple of nice stands defensively late in the game, and deep in their own territory to preserve the win.

Gator,

Yes, I was at the TCA game tonight. Unfortunately, I did not know about the Liberty/USJ scrimmage until a bit after 6.

TCA had 36 players on the roster tonight. I believe the either 16 or 18 were freshman. Give TCA a couple of years and they could be a very nice ball club.

In all honesty, I think TCA will win 3 or 4 regular season games this year and will be in a tight battle for the 4th seed come playoff time.

Yeah Liberty Fan The Crusaders looked pretty good today, especially in the running game.

Brandon Howard and Corey Moore are beast's. Markellas Price and Shaun Woodson have great speed, and Kyle Jordan is great all around.

The 2nd stringers looked good as well.

I am glad TCA's football program has become better, I remember a few years back they were always stepped on but I knew they would come around. They play in a pretty tuff region having to face USJ,JCS, Perry Co., and Fayette Acad.

• 2 weeks later...
Trinity Christian Has a very young team this year. Their o-line consists of jacob yandell a sophmore at tackle bobby lawrence a senior at left guard spencer dunivan a freshman at center thomas weddington at right guard and john hall at right tackle. Caleb yates is at quarterback and calvin shaw at tailback and houston wells at fullback. They will finish off well this year and in a couple of years could possibly go to state