Centennial ...not all that

BigDogDaddy

Some things never change....Centennial's Offense is high on that list! Curtis Steele is a great athlete and Centennial has alot of seniors ...and a very old, very plain wishbone runnning attack. If you stop Steele you stop Centennial. I hate that for these kids .... Had Coach Flatt put 10 in the box.... which he never did...they could have snuffed Centennial all night long. To compound matters Scott hurt his right shoulder early in the second quarter.

Brentwood and Franklin will out coach Centennial again this season. BGA may be down but I still say they have enough coaching to beat Centennial. I'll say it again 6-4 at best probably 5-5. Get a new coach!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Centennial is very vanilla. They do have some good looking athletes. They have no passing game at all. Scott is not a good passer. He went out with a shoulder but I heard that is a baseball injury. If Centennial is the best in that region then that is a weak region. I really think Franklin or Brentwood will vie for that championship.

I was very impressed with BA. They are pretty young too. Their starting RB's were sophs. The Fb runs hard & Tyree runs hard as well but had some fumbling issues. There are way too many RB's on that roster for someone to fumble & expect to stay in there. The defense swarms well but I was surprised that Cent. was able to gain as many yards as they did just running off tackle all night. BA should get better as the year goes & I think they will be there at the end barring injuries. Speaking of injuries the LB went down. Dont know what the prognosis is though. Someone may know, but I hope he recovers he is a good looking player.

BA fans - PLEASE tune down the announcer. Way too loud. He is very OBNOXIOUS. I am sure he is a great guy but please tune him down. They were playing music while BA would kick extra points. I was not the only average joe fan that noticed. Maybe WesVols could help in that area.

I was very impressed with BA. They are pretty young too. Their starting RB's were sophs. The Fb runs hard & Tyree runs hard as well but had some fumbling issues. There are way too many RB's on that roster for someone to fumble & expect to stay in there. The defense swarms well but I was surprised that Cent. was able to gain as many yards as they did just running off tackle all night. BA should get better as the year goes & I think they will be there at the end barring injuries. Speaking of injuries the LB went down. Dont know what the prognosis is though. Someone may know, but I hope he recovers he is a good looking player.

BA fans - PLEASE tune down the announcer. Way too loud. He is very OBNOXIOUS. I am sure he is a great guy but please tune him down. They were playing music while BA would kick extra points. I was not the only average joe fan that noticed. Maybe WesVols could help in that area.

825309323[/snapback]

As far as the announcer goes, they've never played music before...I don't know what that was about. Ben Rowan has been the PA announcer for years and years -- in fact, he may be the only one BA's ever had. He's an institution, but precision and timing have suffered a bit in recent years. I tried to get in the booth when I was in high school there, but had no luck other than reading halftime stats.

This year's running backs looked good last year in limited action, and I'm sure the fumbling issues will evaporate as the season progresses, and hopefully very soon. Last year Theo Townsend had the same problem, but after some intense practices and threats to his starting job he became much more surehanded.

I'll be hoping and praying that the LB's (from what I hear, captain Parker Cason) injury is not serious. He's a fine fellow and a great player, and it would hurt to lose him.

WesVols Posted Today, 10:49 PM

QUOTE(twittycanes @ Aug 21 2004 - 11:44 PM)

As far as the announcer goes, they've never played music before...I don't know what that was about. Ben Rowan has been the PA announcer for years and years -- in fact, he may be the only one BA's ever had. He's an institution, but precision and timing have suffered a bit in recent years. I tried to get in the booth when I was in high school there, but had no luck other than reading halftime stats.

This year's running backs looked good last year in limited action, and I'm sure the fumbling issues will evaporate as the season progresses, and hopefully very soon. Last year Theo Townsend had the same problem, but after some intense practices and threats to his starting job he became much more surehanded.

I'll be hoping and praying that the LB's (from what I hear, captain Parker Cason) injury is not serious. He's a fine fellow and a great player, and it would hurt to lose him.

Ben Rowan did not handle PA tonight. The gentleman that annouced basketball

games was in the booth. Parker apparently has torn his ACL. Tyree did have two

fumbles that appeared to be exchange problems with Bowker. I don't believe

that contact caused either fumble (Tyree normally is very sure-handed).

Twittycanes makes a good point about the RB depth. Tremayne Townsend

looked very good at RB along with Ryan White at FB. BA is very deep at RB.

Wes can you believe after all my fussing on Friday about cancelling the game that I went? It is the first BA game I have attended in 7-8 years. I am impressed. I agree about Cason, hopefully nothing that will end his season.

The music was way OBNOXIOUS. They may need a new voice. He mispronounced a lot of the names & wrong names all night. Again that to me is over-announcing. Turn the volume down too. I'll get off the announcer but you know what I am talking about. If I hear "cant touch this" one more time I think I'll puke.