Best Defensive Lines in East TN

Johnnyreb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Maryville's D Line would be able to beat Alcoa, because they are stronger by far. But I don't think either line could whip Oak Ridge, speed, strength and size. They 3 or 4 guys that are at least 6'4 and about 250. They are huge this year. They will be awesome down the road. Look forward to watching you all in the 5A game right after the REBS TAKE HOME THE 4A title and the day after the Tornadoes take home the 2A

GO REBS!!!!!!!!!!!

Here @ McMinn County we don't have the best d line, but we do have one of the best pairs of defensive ends. We have on one side Calvin Smith#60 , a 6'5 295lb Senior, and on the other side there's Robert Moore #20, a 6'5 210lb Junior. Moore is the more athletic of the two, and Calvin has yet to play to his full potential. Calvin is being recruited by Wake Forest, Stanford, and Vandy. They are both beasts and make for a good tandem.

How big ole boy are they? The Rebs are well coached compared to Alcoa. I also think that Oak Ridge's d line is well coached, so they may actually be the best I have seen this year and I have been around the area watching for 35 years. They arent the best ever, but they are tough. ALcoa is going to be very good, but Blount County is still Maryville's to lose.

GO REBS!!!!!!!!!!!

you just knew tnvols would say alcoa, im not gonna say mhs this time though because we really arent that awesome, we have jeff smith who is our strengthpoint, and a couple other guys who are pretty good, but i wouldnt say we have the best in east tennessee, probably better than alcoa's, but not the best in east tn

825309720[/snapback]

Why do you continue to hate on Alcoa?? He didn't ask you if Maryville was better than Alcoa...Oh yeah, and I think Alcoa's line is pretty good. We'll know if they're better than the Reb's tomorrow night won't we?? thumb

Now stop that Raider, the kids up front are comming along, wait a few weeks give Ellis, Gaylor and Pinkerton sometime.  Agree not the best, but solid and better than Alcoa's!

825309787[/snapback]

How do you and Raider know if they're better than Alcoa?? You two boys are some cocky ones! We will just have to see how good the Rebs are tomorrow night. Personally I think Alcoa's line is faster and better, but that's me!! thumb