WORTH / COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

Goodpasture played them and tied them 0-0, Riverdale beat them 3-0, a no hitter. Danelle pitched for Goodpasture and Cat pitched for Riverdale. Both games were at the Beech playday.

825662663[/snapback]

They were both scrimmages and Baylor played without Verco and Newberry in both of them. Pitched a freshman versus Riverdale and was her first time to pitch. Don't be stupid and even consider these as games. Goodpasture and Riverdale may have been playing young kids too. I'm sure both "real games" would be nice to see this time of year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think baylor, goodpasture,  and riverdale are all top teams along with a few others.  If baylor pitched a freshman against riverdale that explains the three runs part, but still you have to account for the not hitting part. In both games. I watched the riverdale game for 20 minutes and almost everybody on baylors team that I saw struck out. Of course it was early in the season , and if I can remember correctly a little cold. I would say any of these teams along with brentwood , soddy and  lincoln county could beat the other on any given day.

825662697[/snapback]

It was early in the season and the hitting was not really there yet. Newberry and Vercoe were not playing because of injuries, and the freshmen looked to them for leadership. Lawrence and Davies got on base, but didn't get driven in. Now the freshmen have more confidence and they are able to make the big plays (both offensively and defensively). Baylor has 7 or 8 girls who have hit homeruns this season, and with Miller in centerfield the outfield is as good as any.

Edited by allsportsfan01

Weak argument..if you'd done better in pool play you'd have had an easier opponent in single elimination, I imagination, no scheduling and cutting back on games had anything to do with that. Keep winning and you'd have kept playing. I've seen a few summer tournaments that ended way, way past midnight, one was somewhere around Winchester the night Mike Tyson tried to bite an ear off so I always remember the date, but I wouldn't think it was necessary for a school tournament, most of them were qualifiers for national or regional summer events.

825662655[/snapback]

Pool play didn't count for anything, it was a blind draw once you arrived Friday,so we ended up playing the same team late Friday night and then the 1st game Saturday

Edited by GCityVol

Goodpasture played them and tied them 0-0, Riverdale beat them 3-0, a no hitter. Danelle pitched for Goodpasture and Cat pitched for Riverdale. Both games were at the Beech playday.

825662663[/snapback]

Danelle didn't pitch for Goodpasture it was someone else. the pitcher from Riverdale was good but is was cold and it was our first tournament.

gcityvol, just like to (know ) who you are. As you can tell I don't type , but I did over look spelling . I just did not like comment and took it personal since I worked so hard to get tournament in and tried to make all of the teams happy. If you are a coach and are unhappy just call me 931-409-0752 , because I will not reply to this topic any more. Takes me to long to type!!!! By the way hope you have a good day.

Pool play didn't count for anything, it was a blind draw once you arrived Friday,so we ended up playing the same team late Friday night and then the 1st game Saturday

825662732[/snapback]

Why don't you cry to someone who cares? IF YOU KNOW SO SO MUCH TELL US HOW YOU WOULD HAVE RUN THE TOURNAMENT. :D

That's right we were 1 and done just like half of the teams that played 1 game on Saturday whch would of been half of the field, nice job of saving that money on umpires and putting it in the fund!

825662644[/snapback]

With two fields shut down, consider yourself lucky to get single elimination. I don't know what you're whining about GCITY, try going all the way out to Waverly, have your Friday games rained out, stay the night in the hotel and have the tournament called off completely the next morning and we're not whining about it because we know that's just the breaks of Tennessee weather. This happened this weekend, same time as yours. Get a grip. You got more than we did. Consider yourself lucky. :D

gcityvol, just like to (know ) who you are. As you can tell I don't type , but I did over look spelling  . I just did not like comment  and took it personal since I worked so hard to get tournament in  and tried to make all of the teams happy. If you are a coach and are unhappy just call me 931-409-0752 , because I will not reply to this topic any more. Takes me to long to type!!!! By the way hope you have a good day.

825662770[/snapback]

daddyraider, dont let gcityvol get you upset....apparently he is a moron....it was a great tourney, and anyone who has any sense could tell you that you have no control of the rain. It was amazing that any games could be played. There have been alot of other tourneys that didnt have any rain this year that was not run near as smoothly as yours. Congrats on the successful tourney, and just to let you know, your hard work was appreciated. Thats why teams like to come to your tourney every year, because they know 100% effort will be put into it.

With two fields shut down, consider yourself lucky to get single elimination. I don't know what you're whining about GCITY, try going all the way out to Waverly, have your Friday games rained out, stay the night in the hotel and have the tournament called off completely the next morning and we're not whining about it because we know that's just the breaks of Tennessee weather. This happened this weekend, same time as yours. Get a grip. You got more than we did. Consider yourself lucky. :D

825662798[/snapback]

You're not whining?? You better read your post again there ERA

daddyraider, dont let gcityvol get you upset....apparently he is a moron....it was a great tourney, and anyone who has any sense could tell you that you have no control of the rain. It was amazing that any games could be played. There have been alot of other tourneys that didnt have any rain this year that was not run near as smoothly as yours. Congrats on the successful tourney, and just to let you know, your hard work was appreciated. Thats why teams like to come to your tourney every year, because they know 100% effort will be put into it.

825662837[/snapback]

No apparently you're a moron, I haven't addressed you or called anybody a name so you'd do better to speak when you're spoken to and leave the name calling to kids.

No apparently you're a moron, I haven't addressed you or called anybody a name so you'd do better to speak when you're spoken to and leave the name calling to kids.

825662861[/snapback]

Looking at your other posts, you had problems with the Commando Classic too and it was very well run, especially for the number of teams. Have you ever been to a tournament you liked?

Looking at your other posts, you had problems with the Commando Classic too and it was very well run, especially for the number of teams. Have you ever been to a tournament you liked?

825662869[/snapback]

The Hendersonville tournament is always well run, just wish they would sell a weekend pass.