REGION 3-4A

PLACALL

How will the Region fair. during week #1

1. Maryville will defeat Alcoa 42- 21

2. Carter will lose to Fulton in a closer than expected game.

3. Halls will lose to Sevier Co. by 21

4. Central will lose to William Blount by 7

5. Clinton will get beat by Oak Ridge, but former friends will take it easy on ex-wildcat.

6. Powell will once again lose to a team with better athletes. Morristown East

7. Knox West beats Bearden by 14.

Not so good this week

How will the Region fair. during week #1

1. Maryville will defeat Alcoa  42- 21

2. Carter will lose to Fulton in a closer than expected game.

3. Halls will lose to Sevier Co.  by 21

4. Central will lose to William Blount by 7

5. Clinton will get beat by Oak Ridge, but former friends will take it easy on ex-wildcat.

6. Powell will once again lose to a team with better athletes.  Morristown East

7. Knox West beats Bearden by 14.

Not so good this week

825314865[/snapback]

Hey uh...PLACALL.... you might want to check your schedule. Powell doesnt play Morristown East this week, I believe it's next week, because East plays Campbell tomorrow night.

The Hog is back in town boys just in time for another edition of the HOG KNOWS

ALL. Last week this little buddy picked'em all right so you boys better start taken notes.

1. The Red Rebel nation vs. Alcoa Both team looked hotter than Daisy washin Enis's patrol car last week. However, last week both played against watered down competition. This week it's goin to be a wild one. Both teams will win the state in their classifications. What do the Tornado's do well--run the ball. Where does Maryville struggle--run Def. Alcoa 28 Maryville 24

2. The Hornats v The Defending state champs- Enough said 32-7.

3. Halls v Sever Co.- I love them smokey bears. 10-4 good buddy. They do a good job chasin them Duke Boys but I don't think they will have as good luck chasein them devils. Call me crazy but I think it is a close one. Halls 13 Sever Co. 14.

4. Central v Willie Blount- The paper says great game. All football "gurus" say great game. Smells a little like the Boss's under shorts to me. Central is LOOOOAAAADDDDEEDD! New coach, new scheme, new attitude for the Willie's. The Boss likes the old, proven program. Kitties 35 Willies- 21

5.Clinton Vs. OR-Read the paper, Clinton is still a loser.

6. West v. Bearden- Puppies have no real bite. No winning tradition. They got nice uni's though. West got atheletes? West 24 Pups 10

Until next week, stay out of Hazzard.

Boss Hogg:

Central is not loaded. They are very good at L.B. D.B. one great one the others are avg. D.L. o.k. at best. Offense they are great at Q.B. kid just makes plays. R.B. not nearly as good as last year. O-Line young and inexperienced. Great W.R. who is a play maker. Where did they hide him last year. I remember him running kicks but not being involved in the offense. Central is also paper thin. If they have to get into the bench they will struggle. If they improve throughout the year and avoid the injury bug they will have a good chance to make the second or third round. If they don't or have some key injuries they may loose 4 games.

But tonight although they have some injuries they are healthy enough and skilled enough to beat W.B. by about 3 points. First game jitters will kill the Govs.

Maryville better watch out. Alcoa by 1.

Carter gets blistered again. Fulton by 19.

Halls will loose by 2 to S.C. but will show vast improvement.

West will name the score on Bearden.

What ever happened to Coach Kelly at Central? Probably one of the best recruiters in Tennessee. If Fulmer could only hire him. Although many other schools did not like him, he did much for the kids, and he was a funny character.

I just wonder if he just got burned out, or was done wrong at Central.