will state title momentum carry over for unaka?

Logic

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Unaka will compete for a conference title in football. Is this due to momentum? I believe it to be a combination of Cloudland being down and Unaka's coaches getting the athletes out to play. Over the years Unaka has had some great athletes that did not play football. This year they seemed to be excited to play. I think Unaka coaches had did a great job getting the athletes out to play. It will be a good year for Unaka football.

It was a great thing to bring back the gold ball in basketball, but I don't think it will roll over into football. That was a few months ago. It is a different sport with some different players. Totally a different game. How many basketball players are on the football field? Whatever the take, good luck on Fri. nites.

Edited by GLee

What does last years state basketball championship have to do with this years football team? Same thing Mark Byrd has to do with Cloudland football this year. Nothing! It's a new year so if you want to talk Unaka football then talk it but let's talk in the present. I'm glad they have more athletes coming out to play. That's great that they are finally getting it. You can't win if you don't play.

Unaka football will always be an embarrassment no matter how many kids come out to play. They have a chicken coaching staff that dropped Hampton and HV from their schedule. Last year they even resorted to 8-man football, hehe :) I could've took 11 average sized girls and beat Unaka. They are all so excited after finishing 5-5 on a pathetic pee-wee schedule.

Their state title in basketball was nothing but a fluke, so nothing is gonna rub off into football. If they ever get brave enough to play the big boys again, they will lose just like they always have.

Have a nice day! ;)

Unaka football will always be an embarrassment no matter how many kids come out to play. They have a chicken coaching staff that dropped Hampton and HV from their schedule. Last year they even resorted to 8-man football, hehe :D I could've took 11 average sized girls and beat Unaka. They are all so excited after finishing 5-5 on a pathetic pee-wee schedule.

Their state title in basketball was nothing but a fluke, so nothing is gonna rub off into football. If they ever get brave enough to play the big boys again, they will lose just like they always have.

Have a nice day! :rolleyes:

825317195[/snapback]

We did have a fairly week schedual last year, in fact, it was the second weakest in 1A. But do you know who had the weakest....hmm.... could it have been Cloudland? Why, yes it was. And your playing the exact same schedual, and you've gone 0-2.

You creekers are dumb. You all had the weakest schedule in the state and only went 5-5. Even resorted to 8 man football. I didn't see any 4-A teams on Unaka's schedule. I agree our schedule was weak because we had to play pitiful teams like Unaka. You guys even let our 8th graders score. I remember the year Cloudland went 2-8 and still shut out Unaka 21-0. They have unmercifully hammered Unaka for over 20 years. When it comes to football, you guys have no argument. There have been a lot of 0-2 starts at Unaka, not very many at Cloudland. I have personally whipped every Unaka ranger that stepped on the field with me. You guys ain't even worthy to step on the same field that Mark Byrd and Tim Clipse played on. :D

well unaka always looks for the easy way out,cloudland would be dropped if they had a choice. i've seen both teams play and cloudland looks alot better than unaka. did anyone see the game last night??? unaka looked pretty sorry getting the W against a team about as good as a midle school team. I wish them and hampton would play this yr since they've improved so much.