Alcoa at Oliver Springs

Budrock

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to the Bowden camp this past summer w/ a freshmen receiver from Alcoa...this guy was very fast, about 6'0 tall and good hands...i believe he was a mixed kid...never caught his name though...anybody know who he is?

Sounds like Brian Sommers, he is a freshmen that plays receiver and free safety. I don't think he has started but he has played alot. I understand he is also a pretty good basketball player as well.

Saw the Maryville-Alcoa game and was impressed with Alcoa.  Not only were the skill players very good, the entire team was not warn out late in the second and fourth quarters.    Alcoa looked better than some of their championship teams.  Big question is if the big running back can stay healthy.

825319246[/snapback]

I'm a true fan and I wasn't impressed at all last week!! I wouldn't compare this team to any championship team just yet! I saw no heart in the first half, but as the game went on they looked decent! Alcoa should win this game by at least 21! thumb

Okay, I will try and make this short. O.S. has a good program. They have went to the third round the last two years. They had a very good team last year that had Alcoa beat but let it slip away before the half. They lost alot of players and are having to rebuild. So I will have to go with Alcoa. But by the end of the season O.S. will come around.

One more thing. Alcoa seems to think they already have the region title and a state champ title. Let me refesh your memory. Last year 2nd round. Sweetwater ran the ball at will racking up nearly 400 yards. Only to give you the game in the fourth with turnover after turnover. You could not stop their run last year what makes you think you can this year.(They only lost a couple of line men). Third round O.S. clearly had the better team only to give it to you on turn overs. Fourth round Lipscomb mopped the floor with you. So what makes you think you can put a team out like Lipscomb this year(if you get past Sweetwater and Rockwood).

Okay, I will try and make this short.  O.S. has a good program.  They have went to the third round the last two years.  They had a very good team last year that had Alcoa beat but let it slip away before the half.  They lost alot of players and are having to rebuild.  So I will have to go with Alcoa.  But by the end of the season O.S. will come around. 

One more thing.  Alcoa seems to think they already have the region title and a state champ title.  Let me refesh your memory.  Last year 2nd round.  Sweetwater ran the ball at will racking up nearly 400 yards. Only to give you the game in the fourth with turnover after turnover.  You could not stop their run last year what makes you think you can this year.(They only lost a couple of line men).  Third round O.S. clearly had the better team only to give it to you on turn overs.  Fourth round Lipscomb mopped the floor with you.  So what makes you think you can put a team out like Lipscomb this year(if you get past Sweetwater and Rockwood).

825319775[/snapback]

I'm not even going to argue with you. Rockwood and OS will get killed and you know it. Sweetwater will put up a fight, but Alcoa will will the region again! thumb

And what makes you think, Flashy, that Rockwood will get killed by Sweetwater this week? How do YOU know that Rockwood will be killed? Do you think the Tigers will go in with big heads because they beat Midway last week and Midway beat Sweetwater in a scimmage? Flashy, if you will please, can you tell us how you KNOW Rockwood will be killed by Sweetwater?

I don't see a blow out here. OS did lose quite a few players but Alcoa is putting most of their eggs in three or four player’s baskets. OK at 2A I guess. OS needs to score to stay in the game but is generally tough at home. Could be a factor. Alcoa is licking some wounds and swallowing some pride but they will rebound and get on tract.

Alcoa by 12.

All the best to theTornadoes for the rest of the season. Your team played with more class and determination than I've ever seen any Alcoa Team play. Congrats on a quality performance Friday nite.

I told ya'll that Ducky would get 80 yards max. I was wrong by 1 touchdown though. I said he'd get 1.

That said, good luck guys. With the prevailing attitude over there, you'll go far!!

<_<