Greenback vs. CAK

tackle75

Final Score: Greenback 35, CAK 14

Greenback played a good game. CAK's offense showed some good signs early on in the game. However, Greenbacks ground attack seemed to much for CAK's D to handle. Numbers 7, 22, and 34 (i think) wore down the Warrior defense. After much success on the ground the Cherekees began to pass more. CAK's defense is nothing special, but my hopes are high that it will get better. As for the offense I just have one question: Do the Warriors have to be in a shotgun for every snap? The pass protection looks good enough, so that CAK doesn't have to be in the gun all the time.

Anyways, good luck to both teams in the coming weeks. Hopefully the teams will meet in the playofffs.

Edited by Kto2122

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The running game looked good for the Nation last night. Those guys really stepped it up this week in practice. It's been rough week for those guys and I think they have really come together as a team. Some of our younger guys stepped up last night as well. I also must commend Greg Way and Thomas McDonald. Their play on both sides of the ball was critical. Greg is turning into quite the all around player. Thomas McDonald is doing the same. He needs some improvement on d put he's really looking good on offense. Next week will be a tough game but if the Nation keeps up the hard work, I think it will be a great game!

Good Job you guys! Keep it up!!!

I just want to add alittle note here. I was at the game last night and alot of Greenback people, including Satterfield, were running their mouths about how CAK recruited Harb (QB) and other guys. Let me clear this up. Harb has been at CAK since elementary school. He was the back up last year. And the reason that there are new players on the team is because of the success of last years season and guys at CAK wanted to be apart of it. They have ONE new kid that came from a different school. Other than that, most of those kids have been at CAK since elementary school, before CAK even talked about having a football team. It all comes down to good coaching. The coaching staff at CAK can mold great football players. Just wanted to clear that up. Good game to both teams. They both fought hard. Hopefully this will be a learning experience and CAK can get on track.

That cracks me up that they said CAK is recruiting! And Harb?! He had never played a down of tackle football in his life until 8th grade when he was the JV QB and they got smeared every game and he had his collarbone broke in the last game. He laid off football to play golf in 9th grade, but went back to it last year. If CAK was going to recruit someone, it wouldn't have been someone with as little experience as him! Ditto for the other players...many of the boys already at CAK just saw what the team did last year and wanted to be a part of it. 3/4ths of them had little to no experience playing football. They sure weren't around when CAk was 3-8! It is a great thing to have the coaches we do, tho. They make a ton of difference.

I must say I am sincerly sorry about what others say. I really want CAK to know that not all Greenback people talk trash. Yes, while there are a few that do, there are people who do respect CAK for the program it is. In my opinion, CAK will be a staying power in 1A for years to come.

Also, I must commend Harb. He has obviously made great strides in the off-season and during the summer. He handles pressure very well and can handle whatever anyone asks of him.

Good luck you all! And my sincere apologies about Friday.

FIRST OF ALL ID LIKE TO ADD TO THE SMALL TALK ABOUT US CHEROKEES RUNNING OUR MOUTHS ABOUT CAK.......JUST BECAUSE WHOEVER ......WAS SAYING TRASH ABOUT CAK DOESNT MEAN WE ALL DO FROM GREENBACK ....THIS BIG G-VEGAS DOWN HERE HAS ALOT OF CLASS FOR SMALL TOWN PEOPLE AND IF THERE IS A PROBLEM WE CANT HELP YOU THERE BECAUSE WE TAKE UP FOR OURSELVES AND NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS WE STAND TALL!!!!!WE LOVE OUR BOYS AND CAK PLAYED A GOOD GAME FRIDAY....KEEP IT UP DONT TAKE IT OUT ON OTHERS AND IF YOU STRIVE TO DO YOUR BEST YOULL SUCEED JUST DONT WORRY ABOUT US ......AND TO THE CHEROKEES I LOVE YOU BOYS....STAY STRONG KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND WORK YOUR BUTTS OFF OUT THERE ON THAT FIELD SO WE CAN GO ALLLLL THE WAY......

GO KEES......I LOVE YALL AND REMEMBER STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!

I think you misunderstood my post. I didnt say every Greenback fan is mouth runner. I did say the word "alot" but I really meant SOME. Okay. I know, for the most part, you all are good people. I have friends and family that live in Greenback. I was just clearing up a misunderstanding about SOME fans and coaches running their mouths.