Siegel at Blackman

harris, let's not forget about Orona. He's got great running ability, but can throw the ball around a bit too. Take last week for example! If we're going on raw talent(not the best) I would have to take Zeke about 4th or 5th on the depth chart within the region. So you believe, if you could make a team out of all the players in the region, you would make Zeke your starter? I would find it hard to make that choice, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just curious, but where would Zeke be on everyone else's depth chart?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is truly your opinion, but I believe in no way is Zeke the most talented qb in the region.  I would have to put Thomas, Orona, and definitely the other sophomore Locke ahead of your boy.  And possibly Smith from Oakland.  At some point, one should be realistic!  And contrary to a previous post earlier, their were no in the huddle fights at the bhs game.  Seems to be another shameful tactic similiar to the so-called injuried players in week one.

825318790[/snapback]

what makes u think that zeke isn't the most telented? have you ever really seen him throw the ball a lot? when u get the chance to see him throw the ball, i think you'll change your mind a bit.

kenny and locke dint get in a fight in the huddle im on the team we all get a long fine we dont get in to fights un like last year we had people playing for there self this year we have been playing as a team i dont know were yall get this stuff from

Edited by bigB05

thats all speculation and what coach what offense etc.....Zeke is not nearly as mobile as thomas, orona, or locke but in terms or throwing ability Zeke has the most ability...I would not pick him first right now simply because you have Thomas there...(don't know enough about Orona) but both of them are experienced and Zeke is only a sophomore.....what I am saying is give Zeke two years and compare him to Thomas and Orona and we will all agree that Zeke is better... About Locke...Zeke does have a better arm than locke so I would start Zeke over him plus he has more experience than Darryl and Locke.

Region4 Darryl is a good guy and I am friends with him dont get me wrong, I just believe Zeke has more raw ability than Darryl even though Darryl is a great athlete and can make things happen.

kenny and locke dint get in a fight in the huddle im on the team we all get a long fine we dont get in to fights un like last year we had people playing for there self this year we have been playing as a team i dont know were yall get this stuff from

825318977[/snapback]

I told Harris he was makin it up! Or he needs to find better sources. No fighting took place in the huddle in the game at all. I'm glad we have someone who was in the huddle to clarify this.

everyone speaks of the "three headed monster".... Siegel can get'r done on the ground too.....vs. CC we rushed for around 200 yards against a much better team than Blackman.... Locke can run all he wants to....but he wont throw ....CC fooled us by actually passing and using new plays outta the Wing T. Our o-line will be able to keep blackmans d-line in check and our d-line will not be fooled again as was the case last week...besides nobody knows Alsup better than Watson....unless Alsup all the sudden changes his whole philosophy Watson will know what is coming every down.

Guest region4fan

Hoolie, that is exactly what I said earlier.....Watson knows Alsup's tendencies like the back of his hand. He has seen every trick up his sleeve. That is a definite advantage, IF he can get the players in the right place to make it an advantage.

I really hate that old cliche "three headed monster" that Alsup likes to coin. There was nothing better from BHS than the Ralph Stembridge/ three headed monster. Man. I miss seeing Stembridge play. He never got the press that he deserved......but he was the best!

l think Daryl's progress will surprise you Hoolie. He has been working with the great two time MVP and state champ QB from Brentwood Academy ( before the Public/Private split) Lance Phillips. And that boy has taught him lots! He is more controlled and is basically another back. He will definitely be in Dave's shadow for awhile...................but this kid can throw the ball.

I think Zeke will earn some more respect from the doubters as the season rolls along and more folk see him. They are judging him by last yr when he didn't have a line to block for him.I know there is some raw talent there and seasoning will only bring it to light.

everyone speaks of the "three headed monster".... Siegel can get'r done on the ground too.....vs. CC we rushed for around 200 yards against a much better team than Blackman.... Locke can run all he wants to....but he wont throw ....CC fooled us by actually passing and using new plays outta the Wing T.  Our o-line will be able to keep blackmans d-line in check and our d-line will not be fooled again as was the case last week...besides nobody knows Alsup better than Watson....unless Alsup all the sudden changes his whole philosophy  Watson will know what is coming every down.

825319047[/snapback]

once again easier said than done. dont forget that Blackman had 300+ yards rushing. and i dont care what you say there is no way that Siegal of all teams will keep Locke, Mimms, and Merideth in check. the stars just dont have the players to do it, and thats the truth. glad to see the whole fight thing was cleared up, even though i already said that i didnt see a fight Friday night but thats old stuff. and dont think Locke wont pass, he had one sure t.d dropped by his reciever and the last interception could have went either way. but the thing is BLACKMAN DOESNT HAVE TO PASS RIGHT NOW, like i said i think the running game will be more than enough to beat Siegal.

I really hate that old cliche "three headed monster" that Alsup likes to coin. There was nothing better from BHS than the Ralph Stembridge/ three headed monster. Man. I miss seeing Stembridge play. He never got the press that he deserved......but he was the best!

825319089[/snapback]

Man with Ralph, Rico, and Maupin in the backfield that was a great time. When Ralph went down in that playoff game against Riverdale i think that really did the Blaze in, had we won that game, then Ralph would have gotten the praise he earned. i agree with you on that region4fan.