McMinn County Soccer-Why Always Good?

EndzoneDrama

Division III ? What an accomplishment. I did not realize i was speaking to such an authority on Soccer. I am wondering how many of the top high school players in the state play Division III?? I was under the impression that most of those played Divsion I.

Now i will say this to you Tim. The foundation to the High School program was built on the hard work of several people who coached these girls when they were younger. I am well aware of that if it had not been for people like you, Dumont, Kesler, Connie/Frank Watters, Tad Hollingsworth ( to name a few )--- then the strong foundation that we have would have not been very strong.

However. Where were you in the summer of 1994 , when i was calling girls on the phone and asking them to come to practice , just so we could get permission to start a program??? Where were you when all we had was girls who were out for soccer, because they had nothing else to do?

I have never said that i was God's gift to soccer. Nor have i ever taken credit for our success. But i do know this, I do know more than you. And if i was that bad Tim, perhaps you should have sent your kids somewhere else to play. And in the words of Forrest Gump---" That is all i have to say about that".

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even know what the big fuss is all about!! Bobby put McMinn in the map of the TN High School Soccer for both men and women. If he was not around yall Athenians would be like Bradley Central or like Cumberland in the era after Zimmerman.

I have the most respect for the guy as a player and as a coach which I had the pleasure to play against when he was at Wesleyan (scored on him several times but he was a great goalie) and coached against him when I was coaching the Bradley Central team for my longest year of my life.

He did get a lot of talent but that means nothing if you can not make the team gel together and he has done that year after year. No he is not God's gift to Soccer but he is God's gift to McMinn County HS Soccer.

People get a clue and help the guy built on what he has done instead talking trash about him!!! Look all the work he has done to your program, it is not only coaching but it includes several other duties like lining the field, cutting grass, practice plans, travel, AWAY FROM FAMILY, etc.

The soccer team there has been his second family so instead of making yourself (fireplug) looking good coaching a division III team (means jack) ask him for his help and you might actually learn something about the game and become half of the coach that he is.

Sorry but I do not like people disrespect coaches on here, I think that is uncalled for and very unecessary.

Have a fine day!!!!

For both CREE (who I think I played for at a Maryville camp...woo hoo, and liked very much as a coach) and Fireplug, isn't this an argument you should be having somewhere else? A lot of people read this stuff, and to be quite honest it sounds like a parent ( or other adult) is bashing a coach, which is way out of line especially in a public forum. If you guys have problems, grow up and handle them privately instead of publicly in front of players and coaches. I was under the impression that this was a message board for girls’ soccer, not whether or not a parent believes in the way a coach handles things. Also ... DIII (and I mean this is the nicest way possible) is barely a step above rec.

In 1994 I was coaching Todd and Kellie teams and picking up stone out at the regional park so we could have fields to play on and had about 1500 soccers ball to blow up to hand out to the tri-county area. James Hoffert and I was lining off fields at city park school and athens jr. high. I built goals at work so kids would have them and I bought the materials.I refereed games. Called the high school and main office ,made contacts like Bill whom might help get us a high school team. Just so you will know.

In 1994 I was coaching  Todd and Kellie teams and picking up stone out at the regional park so we could have fields to play on and had about 1500 soccers ball to blow up to hand out to the tri-county area. James Hoffert and I was lining off fields at city park school and athens jr. high. I built goals at work so kids would have them and I bought the materials.I refereed games. Called the high school and main office ,made contacts like Bill whom might help get us a high school team. Just so you will know.

825351769[/snapback]

You were my coach in my only year of playing soccer. I hope Kellie and Todd are doing great.

1. Bobby knows what he is doing.

2. His experience in HS soccer makes him a good coach.

3. He gets a lot of talented players to have a strong team each year!

4. He knows how to utilize the players talents (like Kellie) to help the team.

5. He is human!! (just like every other coach)

Let's give him credit for what he can do, because you could have somebody that doesn't care about or take pride in the program!!

Edited by shs01