who are the best junior running backs in tennesee?

babyboycs2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best running back in the state this year has got to Dewayne Caldwell of Ooltewah High School. The kid is only a Junior and this is his first year starting. He has right at 1,200 yards and 9 TD's in only 5 games. The most impressive stat though, has to be that the Ooltewah Owls, who were 3-7 last season, are now 5-0 looking at 7-0(Bradley Central and Heritage are next) heading into a fantastic late season match up with Soddy Daisy. Dewayne is lightning in a bottle, and has the ability to take it to the house on EVERY play.

I think I'm gonna have to put this on every RB post until anyone realizes that Chris Johnson is a very good back. He has started all 3 years of high school. He's had some trouble staying healthy, but he's feelin good this year and had 233 yards rushing last week, followed by a school record 264 yards rushing, 4 TD's this week(309 all-purpose). I think he should be considered as not only one of the top junior running backs in Tennessee, but one of the best running backs period. I would like to see this kid from Ooltawah play, he sounds like a player.

It has to be Bobby Council of Pearl-Cohn, he was a 1400 yard back as a sophmore, who else has done that.

825322699[/snapback]

Well the last RB to my knowledge that rushed for 1400 yards in a season was rafeal hill. when he was a sophmore he rushed for, i think, a little over 2000 yards. Without a doubt the best junior RB in tennessee is markei guy for westview. Against Obion county he had 297 yds on just 22 carries. he had 353 all purpose yards that game. He dominated humbolt, and he rushed for over 270 yds and had 6 touchdowns against the #1 team in the state, Huntington. I think in the last 3 games he has rushed for a little over 800 yards. cdm2003 name me a junior rb this year that has scored 6 touchdowns against the #1 team in the state.